The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Product support ag ?

Does anyone else have suspicions regarding payments to AG product Support appearing on CREDIT CARD statements or are we the only suckers! No record of policy or authorised direct debit mandates found as yet but looking similar to policy admin (mobile phones) stories. If anyone else is aware of or currently dealing with AG, would like to hear what you know!

Comments

• judles1
    judles1 Posts: 16 Forumite
    thanks,found it when i googled for info on AG and have already left posting with what route I'm taking & because of similarities to 'Admin Policy' also posted to check out this site.Was hoping experts on this site might know more about how to tackle the problem,refund success,or views.(already know I've been a direct debit dunce!!) Helpful views or opinions gratefully recieved.
  • hartzou
    hartzou Posts: 32 Forumite
    CHR15 wrote: »
    Jenny - 8 Sep 2008
    Thank for you offering so useful website.
    living is the most important
  • rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    hartzou wrote: »
    Thank for you offering so useful website.

Building up your postcount to start spamming ?
  • judles1
    judles1 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Have found out more back ground on this subject on fruitrees thread started 7.2.10 'PC WORLD,WHATEVER HAPPENS.

At least now I know what charge might relate to! Anyone one else trying to find out more about AG, suggest finding the above thread for latest.

Seem to charge in a similar sneaky way as Policy Admin @ 7.99 only worse as charges are made onto credit cards!

Sorry to see others suffering same problem but at least it proves the point that they are stiffing the consumer for charges to services customers refused and have never used because no-one knew the insurances existed!:mad:
  • judles1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have suspicions regarding payments to AG product Support appearing on CREDIT CARD statements or are we the only suckers! No record of policy or authorised direct debit mandates found as yet but looking similar to policy admin (mobile phones) stories. If anyone else is aware of or currently dealing with AG, would like to hear what you know!

On checking our Credit card monthly bill we picked up on the £1.99 charge for "product support AG". The billing entry also quoted a phone number - i.e. 0844 800 6080. If you phone this number you get through to DSGI product support. I explained that I wished to cancel the £1.99 charge and queried why I was paying it. I turned out that it resulted from the purchase, at least 18 months ago, of a printer from PC World. I have cancelled the payment and asked for a confirmatory letter of the cancellation. I like you I have doubts about how I ended up with the charge, but do remember the sales person in PC World offering me cover for my printer and saying that a one off charge for 12 months was not available and a monthly debit charge would be made and I guess I have forgotten to cancel it. I think I have been caught out by the current practice of many of the electrical goods retailers of offering extended product insurance at the point of sale.

Hope this helps.
  • If you contact your credit card company they will send you a letter to sign and date. They will then stop any further payments from the date of the phone call and any money claimed by AG after that date will be re credited to you. The credit card company will then continue to monitor and ensure AG don't get there filthy hands on any more of your money. Hope this helps . Just been through it all my self
  • Delhiker
    Delhiker Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 August 2010 at 8:57PM
    Just had credit card statement and there is a payments to Product Support AG appearing on the statements for £19.33. (13th. July)
    Looked at the online statement and found the same amount dated 13th. Aug.!
    Phoned credit card company and they will send form to sign.
    Looked back over 48 months and only found a payment for £18.00 (13th.June 09).
    Bought nothing from PC world, only a Large TV from Tesco - 2006
    Ok one payment a year but not TWO!
  • OMG, Product Support AG are still doing this! I paid for my support in April (Techguys - Whatever Happens) and they have taken £27.90 every month since, without authorisation. There isn't a landline number, unless you are calling for repairs, but I found an email address and mail address:
    [EMAIL="whateverhappens@thetechguys.com"]whateverhappens@thetechguys.com[/EMAIL]

Customer Services
    PO Box 1686
    Sheffield S2 5BY

And, yes, I know I should check my statements more carefully but when I have done it, I thought the money was for something else :p
  • Just checked my current account and found a transaction for £ 75.00 from PRODUCT SUPPORT AG, after looking into it we bought a new tv,dvd player and humex box from curry's 6 months ago which included 5years breakdown cover in the purchase price. spoke to santander who have stopped our cards as this is a un-authorised transaction from them " FRAUD springs to mind if you ask me. Lets see what happens ??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback