oven repair rip off

debnine
debnine Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 4 December 2016 at 8:13PM in Is this quote fair?
ok so its almost that time of the year when you are going to need your cooker ours packed up 'i.e.the oven wouldn't heat up.' So with keyboard and mouse I ask the internet for a quote after the usual BT wait I find these people. they go under the title repaircare. they quote £119 all in. Thats parts labour every thing.so I made booking. the following day a man called me on the phone saying he was the engineer that would do the repair. He asked me what the oven model number was after I told him I couldn't find it he asked for the serial number and when I told him there was none visible he got very rude and pointed out that he was not prepared to come out to me all the way from bournemouth for just a few pounds. I asked him what he meant by that and he stated that the component would cost £134 which I told him he had no chance of getting after the quote of £119 fromrepaircare.
as it happened. I looked on Ebay for a fan oven element and got it for£7 A visit to you tube gave me instructions on replacing it and job done £7. do not let repaircare rip you off.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport