How well are people doing with Twitter competitions?

Comments

• Recently I've done alright on Twitter comps - won some books, shoes, a £50 Very voucher and tickets to Cosmo FashFest on it. I do enter a hell of a lot on there though. As I'm a blogger I've pinned a Tweet linking to my blog to the top of my 'comps' Twitter, in case they think I'm a RT-ing spambot!
  • Only won a handful of times. I have 10,000 tweets of which 80% are Comp RT's

Having said that I've just won one today. But in all have prob only won 10 or so times
  • Never won anything on Twitter ... I assume they'll DM you if you win something, or tag you?
    I know in Facebook comps they'll tag you sometimes, sometimes not ... but I don't check Twitter very often so if they're tweeted that I'm a winner and not tagged me, I'll never see it.
  • Every time I've won on Twitter, they've @-ed me!
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cant remember her name, but there's a blogger who posts in IWIWIW and she wins hundreds of prizes from Twitter, but i believe she spends a lot of the time interacting with companies etc . this is just an observation by the way not a critiscism
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
  • superhez
    superhez Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Was reading this earlier and was going to say I don't have much luck on twitter and think it's because mine is all comp retweets but then remembered one of my biggest wins this year was from twitter (a vax vacuum cleaner).

Then just won a twitter comp for some vitacoco drink tonight so just as well I didn't speak too soon.

Interestingly both of these were from replying rather than just straight retweets so maybe that makes a difference?
    June Wins - Antandec travel mug
  • mrsHall2b
    mrsHall2b Posts: 521 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2014 at 7:48PM
    superhez wrote: »
    Was reading this earlier and was going to say I don't have much luck on twitter and think it's because mine is all comp retweets but then remembered one of my biggest wins this year was from twitter (a vax vacuum cleaner).

Then just won a twitter comp for some vitacoco drink tonight so just as well I didn't speak too soon.

Interestingly both of these were from replying rather than just straight retweets so maybe that makes a difference?

yeah i think commenting helps, i read something this morning about how twitter comps maybe judged and lots of the time retweets dont show up when the person running it is collecting the numbers so you maybe missed out!!

i also had a win today :D and i commented about my pet squirrel (thats not what it sounds like!!) and when they announced me they said they where jelous of the squirrel so they do read them.

found the page
    http://superlucky.me/2014/09/choosing-winner-rt-giveaway/
  • Never won a twitter comp, but I've only been doing them about 2-3 months.
    I just enter and forget...hoping to win something! :)
  • only won once about 18 months ago - still do them as they take very little time
    Won a holiday every year since 2014......come on 2021!!
    2020 Winnings Value £3750
  • rceebear
    rceebear Posts: 2,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I've only won on Twitter. I went through a short stint of comping earlier this year and won nothing but started again a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've won three times via Twitter. A Loyd Grossman sauce was my first, then Avon skin and hair goodies (arriving this week) and today I won some dog treats. So not big wins but enough to keep me retweeting.

I've heard that if someone retweets your retweet or tweet it cancels them out but I'm not sure it sounds wrong to me but I have no idea. I do favourite and post to thank companies for hosting comps from time to time and retweet the odd other non comping tweet. But it is primarily a comping account but I'm using my primary account less and less as I'm Twitter comping more.
    Best wins - GoPro, £2K, Brittany week, festival tix, Bath break, Sweden spa break, iPhone x2, £250 Amazon x2, tech bundle, 55" TV, Haven break, £1K, Smeg mixer, 3 night spa break, Greenhouse, posh tent, house plants, 2 pairs boots, posh mattress, year tailored supplements, £250 lingerie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure