Sainsburys money off vouchers

Sainsburys have loads of money off leaflets at their checkouts, to be used by 15th January. I grabbed a couple yesterday and used them in Tesco today. Each leaflet worth about £6.85. Also bought their magazine, vouchers worth £3.85 in there too.
“A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey

Comments

• Yep sainsburys magazine seems to be the best at the moment for money off Tesco shopping! :)
    !"£$%^&*()
  • paws_3
    paws_3 Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do Asda take other peoples vouchers as well?? ???
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Yes, Asda and Tesco take other Supermarkets vouchers although each store will have their own policy ie only up to 10% of your grocery bill etc.

I used £15 worth of Sainsburys vouchers today in Tesco and Asda.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • paws_3
    paws_3 Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for that i get the sainsburys magazine every month but usually dont use many of the vouchers :(
    Now i can use them all at Asda great ;D
    Thanks again
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • Don't miss the Sainsbury's wine BOGOF coupon in the latest mag- worth £8.99 in Tescos!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • tiff
    Thanks Quiet One, I had missed that offer and also the kettle chips coupon next to it.

How is it worth £8.99 in Tescos though?
  • Tiff, that's the value on the barcode. I've used it through self-scan and with at the checkout at Tesco.
    If you want to check a barcode value simply ignore the last digit (a security code I believe) and the previous 2 or 3 digits give you its scannable value.
    Worth investing in a few Sainsbury mags maybe?
  • tiff
    So I wouldnt have to buy the sparkling wine then?

Great find if it works, definitely worth getting a few more mags. I already have £40 worth of coupons in my bag, this is madness!
  • tiff, No you wouldn't have to buy the sparkling wine! Tesco's allow you to use vouchers as long as they stock the actual product (which in this case they do), you don't actually have to buy the product on the voucher!  ;)
  • I picked up 3 magazines in Sainsburys - picked on a young male cashier and even got him to accept 3 internet coupons against my shopping by saying "I think they scan..."

Would be great to hear from anyone else who has got the £8.99 wine voucher to work?

The self scan at Tesco makes me giggle but I get quite excited trying to get it accept lots of my coupons ;):D

Thanks for the post !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport