Loan broker fees refunded !!!

Mad_Lou
Mad_Lou Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi, just a little bit of advice for anyone who is struggling to get their loan broker fees back (if you never took out a loan with the company they refer you to... if you get that far!) I have just received a cheque for refund of my fees. Firstly, DONT WASTE TIME PHONING to request. Write to them REGISTERED POST saying youre taking the loan application no further and that you want a full refund of fees less their legal £5 admin charge. Keep all copies of letters/postal registration numbers. Tell them they have thirty days to refund or you'll take legal action. They are in breach of the consumer credit act 1974 by taking a fee without you receiving a loan and if they dont refund you upon request. Be clear about the final date they have to refund you and by what method (cheque worked for me) and if they dont pay by this date, they will also be responsible for any court/admin costs. When I didnt receive the payment by the date 'warned' about, I went on HMCS Money Claims Online - Nottingham Court and paid £25. They issue the legal docs and within a week, I received a cheque for my fee (less £5) plus £25 court costs. I'm delighted. These companies must make so much money out of people that give up. DONT GIVE UP. YOU WILL GET A REFUND. Go for it. Lou :) Im off to bank this cheque!! :beer:

Comments

• Yarjord
    Yarjord Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have just had a similar problem with loanfinder.co.uk. I was led to believe there was no upfront fee until you got a loan, and I had problems with their website when completing it which has resulted in them telling me I had made four applications and them taking 260 quid out of my account which I can't afford. They have told me to write to them for a refund. I will re write my letter with your advice. Thanks Very much for your post, Ray
  • Mad_Lou wrote: »
    Hi, just a little bit of advice for anyone who is struggling to get their loan broker fees back (if you never took out a loan with the company they refer you to... if you get that far!) I have just received a cheque for refund of my fees. Firstly, DONT WASTE TIME PHONING to request. Write to them REGISTERED POST saying youre taking the loan application no further and that you want a full refund of fees less their legal £5 admin charge. Keep all copies of letters/postal registration numbers. Tell them they have thirty days to refund or you'll take legal action. They are in breach of the consumer credit act 1974 by taking a fee without you receiving a loan and if they dont refund you upon request. Be clear about the final date they have to refund you and by what method (cheque worked for me) and if they dont pay by this date, they will also be responsible for any court/admin costs. When I didnt receive the payment by the date 'warned' about, I went on HMCS Money Claims Online - Nottingham Court and paid £25. They issue the legal docs and within a week, I received a cheque for my fee (less £5) plus £25 court costs. I'm delighted. These companies must make so much money out of people that give up. DONT GIVE UP. YOU WILL GET A REFUND. Go for it. Lou :) Im off to bank this cheque!! :beer:

Hi I know this was some time ago but did you find a letter template to use to write to this company asking for the fee to be refunded?

I just need to know what to say with regards to all the legal stuff.

Cheers
    Al
    :eek:

Just started the engine on the road to becoming debt free

Total Debt as of 11/05/09 = £ TBC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts