The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

redstone mortgages company

hi , i have recentley took out a mortgage with a company called becon homeloans who my mortgage adviser passed me on to/ who then ,when i had signed for the mortgage, passes it on to a company called redstone i took the mortgage out in 2007 december and in june this year redstone wrote to me that during a recent review of my account they found out thatthe interest charging method and the calculation of my monthly payments were incorrect and from the may they have been corrected properly but will not affect me until the end of my fixed rate period in dec 2009 . I cant believe they they can just add money on to your mortgage like this they havnt even sent me any figures saying anything about how the calculation is wrong ,i seroiusly think its t money swindle and how many people have had these letters , after reading some threads i think their crooks in suits, trying to scam people out of money , ive contacted the fsa, they have told me to go through their company complaints procedure, has anyone got any info or advise it would be really helpful, i was realy nieave when i took out this mortgage i didnt know about mortgages and took advise of my adviser now i would like to stick my foot up his f..... ar...

Comments

• minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Its not the fault of your adviser so I dont know why you are taking that attitude.

You have been advised by the FSA to go through the companies complaints procedure. My advice is exactly the same. Ask them for the breakdown of the figures and some proof of what has been done incorrectly.

Beacon are a reputable company and by no means are out to swindle people.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Your post is abusive. This is nothing to do with your adviser, who has nothing to do with the mortgage being bought up by another company.

There is no conpsiracy here, there's no 'scam' and just because someone wears a suit or works in the financial sector doesn't mean they're out to con you.

You've spoken to the FSA - they've asked you to go through the complaints process so do so.

With respect, why would you take advice from the FSA, not follow it, then ask for advice from people who may or may not be qualified or experienced to do so on a web forum?
  • Toughluck
    Toughluck Posts: 317 Forumite
    If it wasn't for the adviser helping you out with a sub-prime deal you would have been up sh*t street with the previous adverse situation you were in.

I use Beacon regularly and have found their staff and products to be very very competitive when they eant to help someone with credit problems.

Be thankfull Beacon exist. I hope your complaint falls down and you are left with the good deal that you are on. Beacons rates june last year were probably better than some of the rate from high street lenders on the market now.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Take advice with a pinch of sea salt!
  • if i wanted advise of mortgage advisers i would have asked or gone down my local high street and paid threw the nose to get useless information from a bunch of pen pushing sisses i would like to hear of joe public thanks
  • if anyone has had any dealings with redstone or complaints let me know, or anyone who has a mortgage with them and are not happy ,not these mortgage advisers who deal with redstone and beacon homloans and make loads of money out of hard working families selling us subprime mortgages to make a fast buck especially when we probably could of got a high street mortgage or a lender who lends their own money and not one that passes and sells the mortgage on to debt collecters.,its easy for these mortgage advisers to get us these kind of mortgages with these type of lenders they just press a button on their computer, hard work eh,
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Oh dear. What worries more (apart from the OP's disgusting and abusive attitude) is that he has the right to vote. Scary thought.
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The truth hurts.
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Look at the mortgage offer. That will show you the rate and terms that you signed up to.
  • Your post is abusive. This is nothing to do with your adviser, who has nothing to do with the mortgage being bought up by another company.
    Errr... That sounds like how A&L wash their hands clean of their CPP activation line.. My point being that if this person went to an IFA then that was their point of contact for sealing the deal, the IFA no doubt worked out the monthly payments and you'd have had a keyfact illustrating how much that would change depending on interest rate climbing (if not fixed)... does your payment tally with that? If an IFA just a figure cruncher at the point of sale, why not just use moneysupermarket mortgage tables or what not, go back to him and ask to help resolve this! or at least provide some clarity?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,027
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Trying to find some sympathy....nope. None found.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure