Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Comments

• letter received today from coop refunding charges in full + interest and cheque enclosed. Wonderful!!! but no cheque with the letter, hopefully this is a slight error. I have phoned them and they will get back to me Monday.
    Only sent first letter 7th March and LBA last week so am well pleased. However not posting in success thread till I actually receive my cheque.
    Sooooooooooooo delighted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reading the posts on this thread either I was lucky or have put the frighteners on the Co-op with years of wrangling on countless matters.I recieved a list of charges (not statements), as others have indicated, within 2-3 weeks of request. My £10 cheque was returned as they say the don't charge for the service. As for the various detailed lists I simply claimed the final figure shown (£4231.50 in my case) sent a recorded delivery letter with the 14-day 'threat' and sat back. A week later I recieved a letter saying my complaint had been passed to customer services who would be in touch within 7 days. On the 7th day I received a letter to say that the full amount would be credited to my account forthwith as a gesture of goodwill. Five weeks from start to finish with the desired result. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.
  • Just sent my letter requesting money back for my credit card ... will keep you posted
    LBM 22nd February 2007 - Amount in debt £72,242.23:confused: one month on :rolleyes: £63,900;) 2nd month 60,000.09
    Aiming to be debt free October 2010:eek:
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT - official dfw nerd no.348/ DMP mutual support member no.8
    Quidco: £4.07 Pigsback £17.10 Mrs Cashback 17.75 £2 savings club - £48 Loose change savings - £6.72 Woolworths Christmas Savings Card £10Reclaiming bank charges so far... £219 from Egg, £175 from Co-operative CC, £490 from Halifax One, at local court stage with HSBC and LLoyds & Marbles, MCOL with Mint
  • fallen_2
    fallen_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    if i sent my 1st letter on 26th feb with a cheque and the cheque still hasnt been cashed now - is there anything i can do b4 the 40 days as im obviously not going to receive my statements now. is this a classic case where they are going to say - what letter?????

do i have to wait for the 40 days or can i call them to see if they 'received' the cheque - so i can get another one out if they alledgedly didnt
  • gstir_2
    gstir_2 Posts: 88 Forumite
    i am the same, posted letter - recorded delivery on 26/2 requesting statements for 2 accounts with bank of scotland, cheque hasnt been cashed and not had any statements as yet. i know they got letters as checked delivery on royal mail website. take it we need to wait 40 + 2 days, then report it if nothing done.
  • fallen_2
    fallen_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    this was with the coop
    i didnt kno whether it was worth ringing them
  • Hi there, Im new to this forum and was just wondering if any of u have claimed any money back from the co-operative bank? and if so did they drag things out or reasonably obliging?

Many thanks for any tips

traceyj
  • I've sent the second letter to the coop on the 26 March asking for “a full response to this letter within 14 days”. I’ve had a reply from them telling me they will be in touch within the next 4 weeks and if more time is needed they’ll let me know. Do you think I should I keep the pressure up, or give them the time they want and wait for them to get back to me?
  • Leebcoward
    Leebcoward Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    if they have had the 14 days send them the 7 days before action letter and follow it up should they still ignore you. Good Luck.
    Stick to YOUR timescale. Dont take ANY bull. DONT be intimidated. The law is on OUR side.
    :o Feel free to thank me if I was a help :o
    >
  • Thanks for the advice Leebcoward, 7 days before action letter going out to them :)

I have had the run-around from Co-op over this, they even denied receiving the stage 1 letter. It was only after I asked them how they managed to cash the £10 cheque, which was enclosed with the letter, that they then admitted to getting it.

I’ve got over 2400 charges on a 2000 overdraft! They’ve had their money in interest and fees. It feels like they’ve been keeping me in debt. Keep up the good fight everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure