Skincare & make up for Rosacea ??

Comments

• After experimenting with A LOT of products, my friend told me about a Japanese line called Yu-Be where the focus is on heavy-duty, extra-strength healing that still feels like a gentle and normal skin care routine. The moisturizer is used by people to keep skin looking young, but it even works for extreme cases like eczema and rosacea. For me, it's really reduced redness and dryness--my skin is actually soft and smooth for the first time in forever.
  • Well i still have not used any product but recently found a website with the rosacea informative help guide.
  • j.e.j. wrote: »
    There is a website run by 2 acne-rosacea sufferers . There's a lot of advice on there, and they also do their own cleansers, etc.

I have a similar problem with my skin (some doctors have said it's acne-rosacea, others it's adult acne) and I've found Avene products to be really soothing, especially the water. I'm also a fan of Green People's no-scent range. None of these are very cheap, unfortunately, but they're not extortionately expensive either.

HTH

Is there any home remedy to get rid of rosacea? I am on budget and could not buy even $10 product.
  • Cleaning facial cleanses the skin every day with fairly simple mechanism yet provides a smooth and a lot cleaner skin. However, choosing a cleanser suitable for your skin type is very difficult, because if you pick up the wrong cleanser, your skin becomes drier, acne prone and chances of skin irritation is high.
  • Just giving a quick update. The proskin rosacea cream still working great and I can't believe the difference it has made to my skin AND my confidence. Worth giving it a try if you've exhausted everything else from doctor.
  • Fire_Fox wrote: »
    Particularly look at how much omega-3 (more especially EPA and DHA) and omega-6 (less of most except GLA) is in your diet, the vast majority of westerners have totally the wrong balance in their diet. Not only can these be incorporated into cell membranes and so affect the skin's barrier function, they also affect inflammation. Omega-3s are anti and most omega-6s being pro inflammatory: GLA in borage oil is the exception it is an omega-6 with anti inflammatory properties.

Oily fish are the best source of long chain omega-3s (DHA and EPA) also supplying vitamin D which many of us are low on in winter (normally made with sunlight exposure). Bioavailable vitamin D is important in skin health, infective conditions and possibly in rosacea. Secondary sources of long chain omega-3s are omega-enriched eggs, fish oils or marine algae extracts as a supplement but you may miss out on vitamin D with these. Omega-6s that you want to limit or balance are in certain nuts and seeds, many vegetable oils used in home or commercial cooking/ food products, wholegrains. So omega-6s are in far more everyday foods than long chain omega-3s. :(

Also plenty of women just don't eat enough healthy whole fats (avocado, olives, nuts, seeds, cocoa, block creamed coconut) full stop, or not a consistent intake of protein, aim for both little and often through the day starting at breakfast. These are the building blocks of cells and of hormones and cells of the immune system that play a role in skin health and inflammation.

Numerous vitamins and minerals are involved in healthy skin cell production and immune function, so look at your intake of low sugar fruits, non starchy vegetables (AT LEAST five a day in the full rainbow of colours) and mineral rich foods (beans, lentils, cocoa powder, nuts, seeds). Possible benefits from foods rich in certain antioxidant phytonutrients, particularly the polyphenols. Some find probiotics beneficial some have a negative response, although a lot of these seem to be mega dosing which is not the best idea unless you are medically supervised.

Last thing is to avoid or limit foods known or believed to encourage inflammation: omega-6s as before, sugar, higher glycaemic index carbs (wheat/ rice/ corn/ white potatoes), alcohol, caffeine, larger servings of meat, excess saturated fats, rosacea trigger foods generally (see charity sites). Official guidelines are for no more than 10% of daily calories as sugary/ fatty/ junk anyway.

Really much is the same balanced diet as for health of any tissue and for preventing other health complaints. It might seem like I have contradicted myself a little on the nuts and seeds :o it's about finding balance and picking the right nuts and seeds for your needs not eating omega-6 rich sunflower seeds regularly unless you do eat a lot of oily fish.

If you think you do have food triggers it's worth keeping a food diary because everyone is different. For example although I have mentioned cocoa it may be a problem for some - difficult to say as many will be eating it in the form of chocolate which is high in sugar and added fats. Ditto some fruit and veggies.

If you choose to take any supplements please run them past your doctor or dietician first.
    I agree with most of the above.
    I had rosacea (still do in essence) but it cleared up completely once I changed my diet.
    Nothing else worked.
    I did a ton of research and found so many foods in the western diet contribute to inflammation in the human body and cause auto-immune conditions such as MS, ehlers danlos, RA, Fibro, Autism, etc.

I started to look at food in the supermarket a lot closer. Where does it actually coem from? What goes into making it? Where did the raw ingredients come from? Are they good for the human body long term?
    Our diet wasn't too bad to begin with. We never used ready meals, jars of sauces or many tinned foods but I looked for improvements.
    What I found was something I had suspected for a very long time. Most of the food sold in Supermarkets is not that good for us with the biggest culprits being Wheat, Corn and Soy.
    Me and DH, with auto-immune problems (RA, MS, rosacea being one and others) decided on a drastic overhaul and cut out ALL foods known to be inflammatory for just 6 weeks and we would then re-introduce things bit by bit.
    This included
    Anything from the nightshade family which includes tomatoes, peppers and chillis
    All Grains including wheat, rice, corn, oats, barley, lentils
    All soy or soy based products
    All Legumes which includes peanuts, pes, beans
    All dairy except for organic butter
    All alcohol although gin and rum is ok in small amounts
    All sugar except coconut sugar
    All cooking oils Except olive, walnut and avocado oil
    All supplements no matter how good they claim to be

I had no idea how I was going to do that but once I found replacements and looked at what we CAN eat, its great.

Once we had the diet down, we were getting the right amount of vits and mins without other stuff messing up our bodies preventing them from working correctly, such as wheat and soy.
    If it contains more than one ingredient, we don't buy it.
    We are now both in remission and decided not to go back to any of the missing foods.

I cook with animal fat or olive oil and we consume a lot of it and my skin has never been better. I can wear make-up and it doesn't irritate, go out in the sun etc and wonder why I never did this years ago.

Added bonus, we both lost weight too :)
  • Dermalmd Rosacea Serum is the great treatment for redness! Apply directly to red areas twice a day. There is a noticeable reduction in the redness. I will repurchase this product! :)
  • [FONT=&quot]I bought DERMALMD'S rosacea treatment along with the scrub . But i tried dermalmd's alone on my daughter's skin.My daughter has rosacea and her face was dry and red.Her skin is much softer and the redness is almost gone .It's only been two days .She is thrilled ![/FONT]
  • One vote for trying to eat healthy and reducing caffeine, and rinsing skin with cool water at night then using 2% BHA liquid.
  • [FONT=&quot]My face started breaking out with a slightly bumpy red rash that itched. It was on my chin, the sides of my nose, and my forehead.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I had tried everything.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. I certainly recommend a trial of it if you have rosacea but don't expect immediate results.It works well and well.
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport