Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    99p wrote: »
    Ola el mad squad, just popping on to say hello from sunny Cartagena, sitting at a cafe in the city centre enjoying a nice cold beer. :beer:

We are there in November so I can just imagine exactly where you are :j
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    edited 22 September 2016 at 12:31PM
    LEJC wrote: »
    I'm really struggling on the 2nd case now...it's got 2 reds in it too....I think I will phone them

yes, tell them that one case seemed to be a very bad random collection of anything but the white wine you ordered and how disappointed and upset you are as its going to ruin the weekend Elite party you had planned :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Probably Paul Hollywood will follow

no, he's sold his soul to the highest bidder. One more reason not to watch it on C4 because out of the 4 presenters/judges he was the most unlikeable.
  • My £7 off my tesco order worked just now, got different items but still worked.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2016 at 12:29PM
    mhoc wrote: »
    yes, tell them that one case seemed to be a very bad random collection of anything but the red wine you ordered and how disappointed and upset you are as its going to ruin the weekend Elite party you had planned :rotfl:

Can't fault the customer service...they have refunded £48 and I can keep both cases,,,
    I ordered 2 cases of white.....
    anyone for sherry?
    or maybe some 0%...there's 2 of those
    I know Dave like red....but it's not decent like the last 2 that were in my white cases...so these 2 will definitely go in a stew.

and then there's the blue nun up for grabs.....

Mhoc..I'm looking forward to the update on your boxes tomorrow.
    There were some real turkeys from long ago in mine...jacobs creek wimbledon editions from 2013....and lots that look like they have been in the back of beyond for years!
    I dont think I can even put a price on the 2nd case
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Sizzling pubs Freebie, register online

Thanks

Either way i doubt it would work up here so i skip those kind of deals :(
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • mhoc
    Can't fault the customer service...they have refunded £48 and I can keep both cases,,,
    anyone for sherry?
    I know Dave like red....but it's not decent like the last 2 that were in my white cases...so these 2 will definitely go in a stew.

There were some real turkeys from long ago in mine...jacobs creek wimbledon editions from 2013....and lots that look like they have been in the back of beyond for years!

It used to be that students would drink absolutley anything but now they have very sophisticated pallets so its no use hoping that you can off load the sherry and the blue nun for some student Christmas shin dig :rotfl:

Possibly it might be worth offering the 0% on Olio or maybe ask on your streetlife page if any local church/school is having a bottle raffle?

I am now living in dread of the wine boxes coming if you have had the good stuff then what is left for me :D
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    I don't suppose few Elite could help me out with some prayers to St Anthony. :o

I've only gone and lost my old style paper driving licence, I thought I was going to get away with the renewal fee every 10 years. :eek:

Last time I remember getting it out of the zipped pocket of my handbag was on Sunday when I went to Patisserie Valerie as it said you needed ID for the voucher. I think with the confusion over whether it was 241 or £6.50 to pay I didn't zip it back in the pocket and just stuffed it in my bag. As they told me to go and sit down until they had resolved it.

I have phoned every shop I have been to since then when I would have gone to my handbag. I got out a credit note from the zip pocket in M&S on Monday but didn't notice it was not there then. I also went to the pocket yesterday as there is a little wallet I keep there and I put my JL vouchers in again not noticing it was missing. It's in a dogged eared building society passbook cover. It was only when I went to show ID for my Ts order today I noticed it was gone. :(
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    anyone for sherry?

I like sherry. ;) Although I think Dave does too. :rotfl:

I don't usually go for the mystery whites as I'm a fussy booger. :o
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Its actually the worst presented set of bottles I have ever received from them....There isn't a bottle across the 2 cases that hasn't got major label damage or a squashed top and most of them look like there were near cases of red when there was a huge explosion ...so nothing that I think can be gifted in any way...

We'll get through them and have a few laughs on the way as we usually do.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport