Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Comments

• digiland wrote: »
    How exactly do you do this? Didn't think it was possible.
    Do you merge the accounts online?

You can do it online or at the customer services counter, I prefer to do it online.
  • VeryTrying wrote: »
    The fact that it's BA has always prevented me using my airmiles. I'd go to great lengths NOT to fly British Airways .

Why do you not like BA? do you think easyjet or ryanair offer a better service?!
  • SilverFox
    SilverFox Posts: 21 Forumite
    Does anyone know if two family members, i.e. man & wife, each have cards in their own name, can have their air miles totalled together?

My wifw has bitten the bullet and gone for one; now I might have a go if our points can be totalled together.
  • digiland_2
    digiland_2 Posts: 48
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    SilverFox wrote: »
    Does anyone know if two family members, i.e. man & wife, each have cards in their own name, can have their air miles totalled together?

My wifw has bitten the bullet and gone for one; now I might have a go if our points can be totalled together.

When you book flights you can use Airmiles from the accounts of the people travelling. I just booked to go to Hong Kong taking the majority of the airmiles needed from my account and the rest from my Partners.

I am not sure if you still can but you used to be able to use the airmiles of non travelling people on your booking, they just had to sign a form. My Mum's took out a credit card to get the Airmiles bonus and I used them for a flight but that was a few years ago.
  • I want to use my tesco points for airmiles. my last statement gave me a voucher for £2.00, but the airmiles conversio nthing on the website has a minimum clubcard voucher value of £2.50. Can I save my voucher for my next statement and combine them or will the voucher have expired by then?
    can i ring up airmiles and put the £2.00 on over the phone?
  • digiland_2
    Forumite
    I want to use my tesco points for airmiles. my last statement gave me a voucher for £2.00, but the airmiles conversio nthing on the website has a minimum clubcard voucher value of £2.50. Can I save my voucher for my next statement and combine them or will the voucher have expired by then?
    can i ring up airmiles and put the £2.00 on over the phone?

As long as you get £1.50 in rewards you will get vouchers in the next statement in May and then you can combine the 2 vouchers to get your airmiles. I think Tesco vouchers have a longer expiry than just a few months. Your £2 voucher should has an expiry date on it.

You cannot call Airmiles and get them to transfer Tesco rewards.
  • japstyle
    japstyle Posts: 20 Forumite
    I am in the market for a new laptop and see that Tesco are offering triple points online. So a laptop worth £299 offers 897 points. I worked out that dividing 897 by 2.50 equates to 358.8 * 60 (airmiles per 2.50) = 21528 airmiles!!

Can someone confirm I have got this right as it seems too good to be true.

• digiland_2
    Forumite
    You will get a total of £8.97 in points dived by £2.50 x 60 = 215 miles. Decimal point in wrong place!!!
  • japstyle
    japstyle Posts: 20 Forumite
    digiland wrote: »
    You will get a total of £8.97 in points dived by £2.50 x 60 = 215 miles. Decimal point in wrong place!!!
    Ooh yes, I see. I do feel silly now. Thanks for answering it for me :)
  • Rhysie
    Rhysie Posts: 5 Forumite
    SilverFox wrote: »

Just as an additional note, you can create an airmiles household account, which enables you to merge two or more individual accounts into one. So you would just see one balance on the website and receive 1 statement per quarter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure