Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Comments

• THX758
    THX758 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Whattochoose is right, but BEWARE.......
    I was on the phone with SSE myself a few moments ago, and at first she told me to start with that I would have to change to a SSE tariff, I did mention what Whattochoose was told about staying with the same tariff, and a couple of colleagues of hers probably heard what she was saying, and told her that it was true and that I could stay on the same tariff with no standing charges, they just don't offer that tariff to new customers.
    The problem is that it is a new situation and not all of them knows about it, therefore when you call them you might be mislead by people who were not told about the Ebico-SSE situation. So thank you Whattochoose, your post did help for my case.
    She did say she will get more informations about it and she will email them to me, but following my experience with "we will call you back" situations in the past, I will not hold my breath on that one, but you never know.......
  • THX758 wrote: »
    Whattochoose is right, but BEWARE.......
    I was on the phone with SSE myself a few moments ago, and at first she told me to start with that I would have to change to a SSE tariff, I did mention what Whattochoose was told about staying with the same tariff, and a couple of colleagues of hers probably heard what she was saying, and told her that it was true and that I could stay on the same tariff with no standing charges, they just don't offer that tariff to new customers.
    The problem is that it is a new situation and not all of them knows about it, therefore when you call them you might be mislead by people who were not told about the Ebico-SSE situation. So thank you Whattochoose, your post did help for my case.
    She did say she will get more informations about it and she will email them to me, but following my experience with "we will call you back" situations in the past, I will not hold my breath on that one, but you never know.......
    You're most welcome.:)
  • THX758
    Wow, just got the email:shocked:

It states :

As SSE and Ebico have now separated, all existing SSE customers that are on the Ebico tariffs will remain on the tariffs and the service will continue as normal.
    You will have to let Robin Hood know that you are staying with SSE through whatever way they have contacted yourself.

I am satisfied that SSE has still a good customer service, and there is no feedbacks on Robin Hood customer service as they started not long ago, that Robin Hood-Ebico partnership sounds too dodgy to me.
    So I will be staying with SSE.:)
  • whattochoose
    whattochoose Posts: 694 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    THX758 wrote: »
    Wow, just got the email:shocked:

It states :

As SSE and Ebico have now separated, all existing SSE customers that are on the Ebico tariffs will remain on the tariffs and the service will continue as normal.
    You will have to let Robin Hood know that you are staying with SSE through whatever way they have contacted yourself.

I am satisfied that SSE has still a good customer service, and there is no feedbacks on Robin Hood customer service as they started not long ago, that Robin Hood-Ebico partnership sounds too dodgy to me.
    So I will be staying with SSE.:)

Further update - Thinking I could do with email confirmation, I rang SSE again and requested email detailing conversation I had had earlier with another member of staff. Lady I spoke to didn't know about new SSE "no standing charge" policy in respect of Ebico customers staying with SSE, but said she would check with her manager. Left hanging on, and then told her manager didn't have a clue either!
    She's going to contact me Monday by email to update, and hopefully, tell me I can expect to continue receiving Ebico/SSE tariff, but with Ebico no longer on the scene.
    That said I'm starting to get annoyed by all the obfuscation and uncertainty.
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks whattochoose, looks like there's confusion all round. My bottom line is that with an annual gas bill of £36 I want to stay on a zero standing charge tariff! Maybe SSE would be a better bet if there is a legacy tariff and potential longer-term issues with the Ebico-RHE partnership. I was going to do nothing but I look forward to hearing what you find out. Cheers!
  • THX758
    edited 4 March 2017 at 3:36PM
    Let us know when you receive your email, and what it says.
    It sounds like the SSE-Ebico separation has been very sudden, but I find it hard to believe that SSE didn't have time to inform their staff of the changes, because the letter I got yesterday is dated 24/2/2017, that's a week ago.
    Or they leave the staff in ignorance as they will only offer SSE tariffs, not knowing any better. I only had confirmation of legacy tariff because I knew someone else was offered it, and volunteered the information to them.
    Whattochoose, I think you are right to ask for email confirmation, everything sounds a bit messy to me.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 March 2017 at 5:20PM
    THX758 wrote: »
    Let us know when you receive your email, and what it says.....

The Ebico email says:

What do you need to do?

You do not need to do anything to transfer to Ebico Zero and receive this price reduction. Your transfer will be initiated in two weeks from the date of this letter. However, if you do not wish your supply to be moved to Robin Hood Energy, simply visit choice.ebico.org.uk, complete the identification questions using the xxxxxxxx code and your supply arrangements will continue to be supplied by SSE, until further notice. Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 093 7548.

You need to let us know by ddth Mmm 2017 if you do not wish this transfer to Robin Hood Energy to go ahead. Once your details have been passed to Robin Hood Energy, they will write to you to give you a further two weeks' notice if you wish to change your mind.

From the Ebico website:

How does this affect me?
    If you do not want to move, you will remain on the EquiGas/EquiPower tariff, supplied by SSE. SSE will write to tell you about any significant change to your current terms and conditions, including any increase of price, at least 30 days before it takes effect.
    https://ebico.org.uk/ebico-news/new-cheaper-gas-and-electricity-tariffs-under-the-new-partnership-with-robin-hood-energy/

HTH :)

Equigas & Equipower is now classified as a legacy tariff as it is no longer available to new customers, but SSE will continue to supply those customers who remain on it.

(Do not confuse with legacy tariffs offered by legacy suppliers to customers who have complex metering e.g. E10. Legacy suppliers are obligated under their supply licence to continue to support customers with that type of metering. There is no obligation for SSE to continue to support Equigas or Equipower tariffs, nor at what cost, save for having to provide at least 30 days notice of any adverse change.)
  • whattochoose
    whattochoose Posts: 694 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    footyguy wrote: »
    (Do not confuse with legacy tariffs offered by legacy suppliers to customers who have complex metering e.g. E10. Legacy suppliers are obligated under their supply licence to continue to support customers with that type of metering. There is no obligation for SSE to continue to support Equigas or Equipower tariffs, nor at what cost, save for having to provide at least 30 days notice of any adverse change.)
    Perhaps the time SSE continue to support the tariffs in question may be limited.
    But, however short or long, maybe Ebico or RHE may have fully got their act together by then, allowing a smoother switch if one then decides to ditch SSE, free of penalties.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Perhaps the time SSE continue to support the tariffs in question may be limited.
    But, however short or long, maybe Ebico or RHE may have fully got their act together by then, allowing a smoother switch if one then decides to ditch SSE, free of penalties.

Yes, if you wish to pay SSE about 5% more for a period of time (assuming no price changes), you will be able to switch to Ebico Zero later if you so decide.

As an MSE'er not eligible for WHD, I've already decided what I will do... and will let Ebico take care of it all :)
    The sooner they get me switched, the sooner I can start saving money :money:
  • footyguy wrote: »
    Yes, if you wish to pay SSE about 5% more for a period of time (assuming no price changes), you will be able to switch to Ebico Zero later if you so decide.
    5%? Please let me know where I can read about this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure