The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Sounds like you're having a productive weekend SW - good for you! When the weather's rubbish like this I find it hard to motivate myself to pick up the remote control, let alone de-clutter and do work!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 January 2017 at 5:34PM
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]Bless ya. Hope your day is turning out better than mine. Just woke up nuffink on telly. Please let next week be better. Going to doctor tomorrow. Let's see what they say.

Monday - Dr has signed me off for another week. I am getting better but it is slow. I miss work bizarrely. I do like most of my job.

I have been to the supermarket. Taxi was £8 and then food cost £24 including lots of treats. I have a few bits of old food to chuck out but I think I did a good job of trying to use it up. I am not as efficient as proper money savers like Ilona (from Life after Money) but I am getting there.

Had a BIG sleep then finished marking. yay. I am going to see if I can declutter anything from bedroom wardrobe. Will do one wardrobe now. I will be ruthless.

Plans for Tuesday:
    [STRIKE]To list a few odds and sods on Fleabay. If they don't sell give to charity (3dogs's)
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Set work for rest of week done
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE][STRIKE]To try to transfer some of 4 direct debits to old current account [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]I did two
    A NSD. Slept for hours

Plans for Wednesday
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]Stay happy do not get stressed at all.
    Transfer two dd's from old account to new one.
    Marking.
    listed a few bits on ebay
    [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]NSD

Thursday
    [STRIKE]Walk to dr's
    Declutter Tidy Dressing Table drawers
    [STRIKE]Declutter some clothes
    [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]No work done as too tired. NSD.

Friday
    [STRIKE]Do work
    [/STRIKE]Slept for much of the day. NSD

Am definitely getting better but I wont be at work next week. On the positive front being ill means you can't go out and spend money. lol. One and a half weeks till payday. I cannot wait to pay off my credit card. I hate a big bill.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 January 2017 at 11:48AM
    My dear friends took me to all the way to visit the boys in the New Forest yesterday. A day out of the house is like a holiday for me. We had a lovely little walk along the coast and then we visited shops in Lymington. I bought a cute hat and a money box from a charity shop. They were bargains and I spent 11.50 all day!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the price of two bus tickets where I live. Hooray.:D

I have just made £3.99 on fleabay! I'm not going to get rich but will get even more decluttered. I have been watching decluttering videos on you tube it is v inspiring. You can achieve so much in literally 5 mins. I am so embarrassed at how many clothes I have. No matter how many I give away I have so many but I do like nice clothes.

I feel better I still have the odd pain in my ear but I am starting to talk now but voice is not strong enough for work which involves a lot of talking loudly. lol. I am on the mend and I am so happy today is going to be a good day.

I am going to use up what is in the fridge and not buy anything till I go to the hospital tomorrow I think to save on transport costs. I have the feeling I have turned a corner in my recovery and I am sooo excited about 2017:j
  • We're going to the New Forest for our holiday in the summer.

I have problems with clothes too, I accept them when anyone else is throwing them out and can't bear to get rid of them while they've still got some wear in them.
    No. 30 on Save 12k in 2018 £20,218.75/£20,000
    No. 90 on Save 12k in 2017 £19,650.21/£15,000
  • savingwannabe
    edited 24 January 2017 at 5:11PM
    My friends live in Lymington it is lovely a wonderful place to visit. You will have a total ball.

One week left till payday. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow to keep the costs down I am going to try to go by bus. I usually faint after these blood tests so I might have to fork out for a taxi I hope not.

Things to do Monday:
    • [STRIKE]
    • To request another sick note
    • To do a bit of work
      [STRIKE]
    • To post one sold item[/STRIKE]
    • [/STRIKE]
      I have just seen that TSB is doing a new current account deal. It is better than the Coop one. I am going to go for it instead as you get more cashback.

Tuesday?
    • Go for blood test not doing as it's foggy
    • To sew jeans
    • To make a stew
      Paid £50 engineer coming tomorrow to sort taps.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 24 January 2017 at 10:14PM
    It's a friend's birthday lunch on Saturday. I have a present to pay for and a meal and cinema too. Thank goodness for my credit card. I will only do this on their birthdays and that is it. No more eating out this year. I don't want to put a downer on their day so i am going to celebrate with them as they are wonderful people but i wish i wasn't ill and could work full time. Then i would be rich and wouldn't be stressed about money. I do get fed up sometimes. Then i have to pull myself together and remember how fortunate i am. I have a good job (despite the beaurocracy), live in the UK (THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD), have a great house and I saw two baby white squirrels today. So cute.

Other times i think i could make money and maybe rent out a room. I will have to investigate this as we are having a pay cut at work this year. It may be becoming a serious option now. :cool:
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Baby squirrels good, pay cut bad! But the pay cut is sure to hit those who live hand-to-mouth far more than it hits the money savvy such as yourself x
  • savingwannabe
    That's a good way of thinking about it. British Gas engineer came and left. But now there is a small leak in boiler and I hope he got my message on his answer phone and can come back. My voice is really quiet I squeak like a mouse (due to lost voice) hope he heard what I said.:rotfl:

Apart from the £50 spent on water stuff I haven't spent any money today. ( I don't think I am counting this as spending as it was an investment in the house).

I have just seen the email from MSE about clothes from Topshop, River Island etc for 4.75. They are not retailers I would normally use but holy cow that's a bargain. I wonder if Martin can get a deal with Monsoon, Betty Jackson, Coast for me for £5. Not that I need any more clothes. I keep looking at ebay and then realising I don't need anything. I must be ill. :rotfl::rotfl: Anyway I have jeans to patch up so off I go. :j
  • savingwannabe
    edited 26 January 2017 at 9:31PM
    Engineer came to sort out whatever was leaking in the boiler.
    I have decided not to go for blood test as I am going for another appointment to the hospital anyway next week so i can save the fare.
    Collected a dr's note from the dr and medication from pharmacy.
    I did not do that much today. Tomorrow I will try to do some marking and maybe sort a file out.I cannot wait to pay off my credit card. Roll on payday.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 28 January 2017 at 9:34PM
    I went to see LaLa Land. If you haven't been don't waste your money. The clothes were nice but it was hype and does not have a happy ending. I am turning into a Victor Meldrew as I don't think there have been many decent films recently.

I had a lovely meal and had a great time with my friends.

Total money spent £30 & then £25 for a birthday present for my friend.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure