PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Hot water not hot out of mixers to bath

Hello

I have recently had my flat renovated and have had a new shower with mixer taps put in.

The water from the kitchen tap is really hot however the water to the bath and shower is warm but not as hot as i would like,

The combi boiler is 3 years old so no issues with that.

I have been told that a. mixers do ensure that no really hot water comes out the taps but it should definately be hotter than it is (i have used them before and this is the case)

I have also been told that the boiler is in affect to powerful for what is needed in the flat and this can be the outcome as the mixers decrease the sort of power from the boiler therefore cooling the water.

There must be a way to get the water hotter. We have tried turning the hot water dial on the boiler from max down a little as was told this could work , but unfortuately not.

Does anyone have any advice, so i can have a hot bath and shower!

Thank you

Comments

• Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You should probably post this in the 'In my home' thread, as it has absolutely nothing to do with buying and selling property.
  • What happens if you reduce the flow from the bath tap slightly?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Slithery wrote: »
    You should probably post this in the 'In my home' thread, as it has absolutely nothing to do with buying and selling property.
    Indeed.

Or try

https://www.diynot.com/diy/forums/plumbing/

Lots of plumbers over there.
  • Lunchbox
    Lunchbox Posts: 278 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have they installed a safety mixing valve under the bath? We moved into a new build which has one as a requirement under building regs and our bath hot tap is much cooler than the others. We managed to get the tamper ‘proof’ cap off the valve but it’s stuck fast and can’t be adjusted, so we need to get someone out to look at it.

It may be that you’ve had one installed that hasn’t been adjusted correctly, or that the safety set temp (48 degrees C) isn’t quite as hot as you’d like it. There isn’t a legal requirement to install these in refurbs, only new builds, but thought it’s just worth checking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure