PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th May 2017

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello ladies and a special wave to welcome rb6ac :wave:

I'm in this week, but might be flying off list as I've got another busy week. Currently sitting in my van waiting for Small to finish karate and Tiny is asleep! Can you believe it?!? There is nothing except the chirping of the birds to be heard. This will last for a further seven minutes precisely...

Lots done today but still mountains to do...as always...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for the list Valli :) Will be doing fluttering more than flying this week, I think - busy week with both school jobs and also need to sort some paperwork for accountant for OH's co (which also pays me - so another job :D) and extra kids activities on an evening this week.

Most of the kitchen sides are shiny - 1 area 60 x 60 needs a wipe and polish. DW will go on after dinner and WM went on this morning - have just loaded some of it back in to TD as it's been raining on and off all day :( will have to put some to airdry overnight. Ironing mostly up straight - will do some more when smalls are asleep - and will try and get it put away tonight/ in the morning too! :o Ran a cursory vacuum around kitchen floor before work - that's about as good as it's going to get tonight, I think!:p

Overtired, lacking in sleep and too much to do - standard for a lot of us, probably - but so much easier to deal with when it's nicer weather!

Hugs where needed x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sneaks in at the back, hope no one notices. I'm in this week.

Valli Thank you for the list and Natty Thanks for last week's one.

Dailies have been done.

Had a checkup this morning with my dentist. Had an unexpected filling. Jab didn't work properly, had more so has taken all day to wear off. Met friend for lunch at a small garden centre but struggled to eat.

Hope Squeak is ok and OH's company is understanding Piggers X

Just cooking tea then off to tap dancing.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been to Milton Keynes to spend my Christmas voucher in MS but came back with nothing, I think their stuff I saw today awful, was going to spend it on food, but I didn't feel I could spend a large voucher on food, so came home

Bins out
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you Natty for last week's thread and to Valli for this week's. I'm in please, just looking for my guag.
    Welcome to rb6ac :wave:

Had a miserable day at work, tomorrow had better improve, but I have my doubts. Before I left this morning, I loaded the WM, emptied the DW, s&s the downstairs loo and bathroom. Didn't think that I had managed to do any of today's list, but yet again Valli you are a mind reader and an angel :A ....I tidied up the kitchen after dinner, swept the floor and put out the recycling, so all crossed off the list! Bonus!
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone :wave:, thank you for the new thread.

So today I have :-

Emptied & refilled the DW
    Cleaned the appliances
    Cleaned the inside of the kitchen cupboards
    Cleaned the cupboard doors
    Wiped the surfaces
    Hoovered & steam cleaned the floor
    Cleaned the hob
    S&S the bathroom

And then DH & DS came home .... Does anyone else wonder why they bother ... :mad:

Tomorrow I'm going to clean the bathroom, I spotted a couple of spots on the shower curtain so I must wash it. I'm going to a funeral Thursday afternoon and we are going away on Saturday for a few nights, so this week I will do what I can when I can. DH off next week ... I've no idea what I will get done with him home! :question:
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Didn't think that I had managed to do any of today's list, but yet again Valli you are a mind reader and an angel :A ...

This is quite true lol...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am here. Stressful, problem filled day but a solution found to one difficult issue which is a relief. Kitchen is sort of ok. That's all I can say really!

Catch up tomorrow x
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2017 at 7:39AM
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm in, thank you for the lists xx

We never did get the £800 released back to us last week. After too-ing and fro-ing with Owners Direct by email, who basically say "wait, it'll be sent back to you eventually" I have had enough and will be writing a complaint letter addressed to the company directors at their head office today.

So far, I have steam cleaned the kitchen floor (muddy doggy prints), fed and dressed the kiddies, dressed myself and made the beds. WM is doing its thing and will be put on the heated airer - it's very muggy here but rain threatens. Black bin has been emptied and dragged back in. Today, as well as the list, I need to:

- Do three hours paid stuff
    - Take something back to a shop
    - Send above letter
    - Buy some mushrooms
    - Shuffle some money into savings
    - Collect DS from MiL
    - Visit grandma
    - Go and pay in a cheque
    - Chase up some consultancy money owed to me

Will be back later to report if I've achieved all of this!

Have fab days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all, and :wave: to YL. I'm here too. Just about.

The four hours I spent taking DH to the GP surgery and then on to the hospital were not on my plan for yesterday :( His ankle and leg are still very swollen and the GP was afraid that he had a thrombosis. The hospital is not sure, but a thrombosis is unlikely because he is already on blood thinning meds to prevent TIAs - they think he probably has tissue damage from the three occasions since the beginning of April when he has tripped and almost fallen. (DH keeps insisting "It's my Achilles tendon" though no-one in the medical profession has actually said that!) He now has to take it easy all week, with no working i.e. volunteering, and has to go back to hospital on Friday morning for a vascular scan. That means cancelling a visit by my friend to talk about the work we do together (some of you will remember the resource boxes project) :mad: And it's not looking promising for our long weekend in Germany at the end of this month.

Hey-ho.

I have caught up with a bit of the sleep that I had lost over the past fortnight so am hoping to get some reading done this morning.

I will try to do Level 1 each day this week - just a couple of items to catch up from yesterday. The house isn't too bad, all things considered, but I am desperate to get out in the garden and tidy the borders before the jungle effect takes over completely. I've got lots of plants still in pots, and I need to fill my veg trug and sow more seeds. Oh yes, and did I mention the fence panels that need painting?

My placement is still ongoing. I'm enjoying it very much, and I often get to sit down and chat over a cuppa, so I'm counting that as my "me" time.

Today I must go to SW and see if I've managed to budge the lbs that I had put on last week, and it's college this evening.

Pigpen, how is Squeak?
    Welcome to newbies and (((hugs))) spoons and sticks to everyone as needed.

See you sometime x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport