Being prescribed an overdose (again)

Comments

• esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Will you now be giving an apology for ridiculing your doctor in public ?

Don't be so silly! Where have I ridiculed him?

Anyway, the doctors never apologised for malpractice in the past. Maybe I should make some appointments and get every doctor who's ever made a serious error to apologise to me. Is that what you'd do?

I can't believe you have such a cavalier attitude to your health. Why would you put blind faith into a system knowing that it's highly fallible and such misplaced trust could kill you? What's wrong with asking questions? Don't you feel like you have any responsibility for your own health?
    Now what do they call the illness where someone, who has it, assumes that they are fine and it's others who are affected ?

Hmm... and what do they call people who believe contradictory advice? Gullible? Illogical? Stupid? Crazy? Delete as applicable. ;)
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    esuhl wrote: »
    Ohh... no wonder you've got such a big chip on your shoulder. Too busy being part of the problem to even consider that you might ever be wrong.

Seen as I don't work for the NHS due to disability (medically retired), you're wrong. As you've been on pretty much everything on this thread.

I disregard any qualification held by ignorant, incompetent people. You can pass a test, but you clearly struggle with the basics -- like common sense and common courtesy.

I just don't suffer idiots. I'm not ignorant or incompetent. It took you days to follow basic advice, which proved to be the correct path to take, yet you're still having a go.

With the level of contempt you show towards patients, I wonder if your highly-strung black-and-white thinking is due to the guilt you subconsciously feel for all the people you neglected, and who suffered at your hands.

I don't show contempt towards patients. Only idiots who fail to follow basic advice after it has been given to them.I've never neglected a single person, and nobody has "suffered" at my hands. WE just put markers on files where patients are excessively difficult, or unable to follow basic instructions (both of which you have demonstrated on this thread).

Ha ha -- you're funny. You should look up "Freudian projection". As I said, any mature adult would walk away from a discussion that was stressing them out. You just come back for more. :rotfl:

That tells me there's something wrong with you.

The only person with a problem here is you OP. Please get some MH intervention - it doesn't just affect you, it affects those around you. You haven't dealt with the pain of losing your parents in such circumstances, and are continuing it on into your own life with no sign of resolution.

So far you've attempted to tarnish my professional reputation, had a go at anyone who has suggested anything that may help, and then got horrendously personal. It screams mental health problem (and yes, I should know).
  • DomRavioli
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Will you now be giving an apology for ridiculing your doctor in public ?

Now what do they call the illness where someone, who has it, assumes that they are fine and it's others who are affected ?

Denial usually. OP is still on the grief spiral and will stay there until they either get help or it consumes them. I know which one my money is on.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    you didn't trust your doctor but trusted the 'expert' manufacturer.

Now you don't trust that 'expert' but trust the pharmacist , who doesn't agree with manufacturer but does agree with your doctor.

Have you contacted the manufacturer to tell them their information leaflet is wrong?
  • esuhl
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    So far you've attempted to tarnish my professional reputation...

Not at all. I left you to tarnish your own unprofessional reputation. Your level of ignorance and unnecessary aggression on this thread, as well as the inability to understand why it might be important to ensure that patients take the correct dose leaves us in no doubt as your level of incompetence.
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    ... had a go at anyone who has suggested anything that may help, and then got horrendously personal. It screams mental health problem (and yes, I should know).

What absolute nonsense. I've responded to your insults and aggression in kind. If you can't take it, you should look at the way you speak to people. Thank goodness patients no longer have to deal with your sheer arrogance and contemptuous attitude.

It's like being in the Monty Python sketch where I've inadvertently walked into the room for people who want an argument! :rotfl:

And then you have the audacity to imply that I'm mentally ill, when you're the one who keeps coming back here to pick fights with people! There's something wrong with you. No wonder you've not allowed to work any more.
    sheramber wrote: »
    you didn't trust your doctor but trusted the 'expert' manufacturer.

No I didn't. Read the thread again. Maybe look up "contradiction" in the dictionary and see if you can wrap your head round the concept.
    Now you don't trust that 'expert' but trust the pharmacist , who doesn't agree with manufacturer but does agree with your doctor.

Two out of three ain't bad. :p

With the level of incompetence shown my healthcare professionals and organisations, they won't all be right. Look at the appalling advice given on this thread, by so-called former "professionals" for example.
    Have you contacted the manufacturer to tell them their information leaflet is wrong?

Not yet, but of course I will be.
  • mel48rose
    mel48rose Posts: 513 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Everyone should ignore this thread, nasty vile troll :eek: :eek:
    If you change nothing, nothing will change!!
  • DomRavioli
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Not at all. I left you to tarnish your own unprofessional reputation. Your level of ignorance and unnecessary aggression on this thread, as well as the inability to understand why it might be important to ensure that patients take the correct dose leaves us in no doubt as your level of incompetence.

What absolute nonsense. I've responded to your insults and aggression in kind. If you can't take it, you should look at the way you speak to people. Thank goodness patients no longer have to deal with your sheer arrogance and contemptuous attitude.

It's like being in the Monty Python sketch where I've inadvertently walked into the room for people who want an argument! :rotfl:

And then you have the audacity to imply that I'm mentally ill, when you're the one who keeps coming back here to pick fights with people! There's something wrong with you. No wonder you've not allowed to work any more.

No I didn't. Read the thread again. Maybe look up "contradiction" in the dictionary and see if you can wrap your head round the concept.

With the level of incompetence shown my healthcare professionals and organisations, they won't all be right. Look at the appalling advice given on this thread, by so-called former "professionals" for example.

Learn to be happy, and free of your guilt.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper

No I didn't. Read the thread again

Try reading post 8

o, no I don't trust my doctor over printed advice that is presumably very strictly regulated.
  • Deleting posts is just about the level you'd expect from the NHS and their apologists isn't it. Just imagine if this thread had been about any organisation other than the NHS.

What if a motorist had been told to ignore speed limit signs by a policeman? I wonder if the police would try to label him mentally ill just for querying the contradictory advice, and what the reaction from the public would have been if they had.

The sheer unadulterated arrogance of the NHS is breath taking.
  • esuhl
    jack_pott wrote: »
    The sheer unadulterated arrogance of the NHS is breath taking.

Absolutely incredible, isn't it? In their eyes they can do no wrong... yet I suspect almost everyone knows someone who has died through their astonishing levels of negligence.

This lady "only" had a delay of six-months waiting for the NHS to pull their fingers out and do their job. But still that killed her. Many people wait longer for common-sense treatments, and many don't have the strength to fight the doctors for their lives.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heartbroken-family-young-cancer-victim-9070522

It's interesting, because although there is little information about the case online, it seems fairly straightforward and the delay only amounted to six months. There's far more compelling evidence to prove neglect and malpractice regarding my parents' cases.

Through work, I also have management-level contacts at Irwin Mitchell and several other law firms... I'd previously discounted the idea of prosecuting the NHS, but I get the feeling that these unnecessary delays and deaths are accepted as part of the system -- even by the trolls on this thread.

I should probably look at the possibility of taking legal action. I suppose everyone has a duty to hold the NHS to account. Eventually, if it costs the NHS enough, they might change their ways and learn how to diagnose people with the obvious symptoms of serious conditions. Even if they kill one less person, it would be worth it, I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure