Nearly debt free diary

Comments

• jemreading
    jemreading Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hey Turnnocks, thanks for stopping by and thanks for following!

I'm still struggling with the snack spends :( it's been a long month, especially at work, and when I get stressed I then eat a lot!! My gym class instructor has me on a social media sites so he knows when I don't show up! :eek:

I'm planning 3 NS weekdays - on Tuesday I have a friends birthday meal (planned £15) and on Wednesday I have my football spends (£3)

I felt bad because it was cold, raining and miserable. Plus, she was the only person who, when I've said do you want anything, has asked for something to eat. Most people either: ask for spare change or ask me for a cigarette!!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    My OH paid for dinner last night. We were going round his friends house and thought it would be a cheap night of pizza but no, they wanted to go out! I didn't take my money so my OH paid for me as a treat (cost him £50?!) I did pay for the £5.71 taxi home as my OH had a few to drink and couldn't drive back and I don't drive either.

Spends for today (ooops!)
    - £51.84 on lunch - I treated my mum, sister and niece to lunch as my mum has done so much in helping for my wedding and has spent many hours searching and looking round with me! This is on my credit card.
    - £2.29 on coffee - I didn't drink it as it's a cold one but I'll take it to work with me for after gym tomorrow.

Rest of weekday spends (pay day is Friday so I'll restart the money clock!!!!!)
    - £15 friends birthday dinner
    - £4 football (could be £3 if loads of people turn up!)
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Jemreading,

Just wanted to pop by and say 'hello'. I just wanted to say well done on tackling your debt so well in such a short period of time. I hope the last bit gets cleared very soon.

Wishing you good luck.

I always warm to people who like football, I may have to forego seeing my team this first part of the season due to my debts (I don't have a season ticket, just go when I can afford to and the ticket is about £25 and the day itself can set me back £40 all in all) I hope you have a good time when you next go.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Hi Florence, thanks for popping by! I've been reading your diary too!! (I think I read the whole thing in two nights? :eek:

Thanks for stopping by! My Argos card should be gone by the end of the month, so it's one less thing to worry about :D

I've got a game on the 4th August (cost £10 for a pre season friendly!) then I pay direct debit for 11 months at £33.18 which is normally two or three games a month plus it's premier league football so usually some good games! I pay for my football because it's something me and my dad do together plus it cuts down spending on the weekend as I'm either: watching it on TV or at the game. I don't really drink. I don't smoke or buy lots of clothes so football is really all I have!
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Aww, that's so kind to have read my diary in it's entirety, I hope it didn't get too depressing.

That is a good price for Premier League football. Sadly I support Bristol City so I may never see a Premier League match (or at the very least I am unlikely to see a Premier League match where Bristol are one of the teams playing :) )
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    It was a good read. I stayed up until 1 am on a work night reading it (coffee was needed the next morning!)

Yes, as it's normally between £25-£40 a game I am saving in the long term :D I think this is Leicester's 4th season in the premier league, hoping to stay in this league for a while!!!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Quick money update for next month:

Bills to OH £350.00 (includes: rent, council tax, water, netflix, spotify, internet - we don't own a TV!)
    Food £70.00 (two shops as we go fortnightly)
    Electricity £35.00
    LCFC ticket £33.18
    Phone £38.82
    Gym Membership £29.99
    Experian £14.99 (credit file is a mess and is in the process of sorting it, this will go out mid-month so I may be able to cancel free trial)
    Argos Card £375.00 (card will then be paid!)
    Credit Card £125.84
    Savings £0
    Beauty £0 (got enough perfume, and other products for the month)
    Treats £30.00
    Gifts(birthday/xmas) £50.00 (got two birthdays!)
    Date night £0 (going on holiday for 3 days so no dates this month)
    Travel £120.00 (spending money for holiday)
    Socials £40.00 (got a friends joint birthday party)

Remaining balance: £23.84.

Next month I have: Go Ape (paid for), 3 day holiday (paid for), football (paid for), sisters birthday (presents paid for just need to pay for meal out but this will come from holiday spending money), grandma's birthday (gift and card needed: £10 estimated spend), nephew's birthday (£30 estimated spend)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No need to pay for Experian join MSE credit club , clearscore and noddle all free .

You are doing really well , keep going.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Hi Cumbria Lass, thanks for dropping in!

I will consider doing that. I'm already on noddle, however, my noddle report does not match my Experian stuff! Hoping to cancel before the free trial ends!! :D
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Today I got up at 6:20am to go to my gym class and then to go straight to work for 8:30am. I also have tennis tonight and potentially a 5K run at the gym!

I think I'll be too tired to spend money today :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport