PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 19th June

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

Phew it's warm already, had to have the fan on in the sitting room and the bedroom yesterday, it was so hot. Restless night, was awake at 4 30.

Car goes for its MOT this morning, fingers crossed it passes. We had the disc brakes done so they should not be a problem. I bought it 9 years ago and we have had very few problems with it, so it owes me nothing.

Monday clean to do before it gets too hot, more strawberries to pick, it's been a bumper year. I priced them up yesterday in Lidl, I think we have picked about £20+ our neighbours have shared in the bounty......
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for starting DUMPLING> Hope your DD's appointment goes well.

Like it is for the rest of you ,it's another very warm start here. I think after today it's going to cool down a bit. It was scorching in DD's garden yesterday for the BBQ but, fortunately for the "chef" (her BF!), the BBQ is at the top end in the shade. She gave Mr TA a lovely gift of a voucher for afternoon tea and Prosecco at a nice restaurant in Leeds. We will put that to good use that after our next hospital visit. Choccies and wine from DS.

We are thinking of going over to the caravan later for a few days. No childminding to be done this week and no appointments so why not make the best of the free time we thought. It'll be like stepping into a sauna after being shut up through the heatwave so, for what good it will do, will take the fan with us. I don't foresee much cooking getting done in there till it cools down! Lots of salady stuff going with us.

Before we go I want to try and chase up the Neurology appt for the results of Mr TA's nerve conduction studies. He is getting more and more unsteady on his feet and I am now fearing the worst of the possible outcomes. He got the appt through at the w/e for the second op on his Dupeytrens (?sp) contracture and we thought that would be the last to arrive. Still awaiting the date for the stent change and his 6 monthly Oncology scan. Life is the usual constant worry but we try to carry on as normal and enjoy life whilst he is fit enough.

Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad or worried who want one. If we do depart today will "see" you at the end of the week. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 June 2017 at 7:49AM
    Options
    Morning :wave:

So sad so see another terrorist attack this morning in London ...in some ways its good that they didn't kill him as we make sure punishment is given.

Phew its a scorcher again :D

Somehow managed to sleep through most of last night until my neighbour started his noisy van at 6.20 Very hot and sweaty though think I may be having a couple of showers today.

Had a nice day in the end yesterday despite the day ...Went for lunch with a good mate who has also lost her dad so we neither wanted to celebrate but she found a nice pub that had no banners/balloons and very few kids and we would not really have known until the end when they gave us the bill for 2 fixed menus and it said 2 Dads :rotfl: if i had known I could just buy a new one for 20 quid I would have done it weeks ago :cool:

Made some chicken and leek pies from the last of the Costco chicken last night and portioned up into ready meals for one but I shoved them in the freezer and may wait before giving one to mum after last week.

Paperwork again today for mum , work stuff to do as well then a sunbathe for me later today at this rate I will be easily finished my monthly book:)

Thinking of everyone affected by the London attack

TA Have a lovely trip and hope Mr TA gets his news soon
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thanks for the thread Dumpling, fingers crossed for your DD's assessment x
    Hope you get some news soon TA

Hot here already, thermometer says 25 degrees, have just given the girls an ice-cube each and their paddling pool is filled up & ready in the shade. We had the fan on all night in the bedroom and managed some sleep, DOH was meant to be going to the cricket today but couldn't be bothered to get up early.
    I need to go into town to pay the vets bill and pick up a couple of bits, my weekly menu has been suspended as don't want the oven on so will grab some prawns and veg for a quick stir-fry.
    Have a good day folks x
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning all,

I hope everyone managed to have a nice weekend and enjoy some good weather.

Mine was spent mostly with family or friends - the way it should be. Little bit burnt on the back of my neck and arms, i'll never learn.

Been to the gym this morning and I've got some work errands to run this afternoon so no gym tonight. Not sure what I'll do to be honest. Chicken stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon with steamed veg for dinner tonight.

I hope everyone has a nice day :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Rubbish start to the morning for me. Problems with Prodigal again.

Worried about Youngest.

Hubby doesn't escape my critical list either. He's not decided if he's going to work today yet he was 'broke' the weekend. Idiot.

Anyone got a spare room?

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ,wow its getting very warm again already Yesterday was gorgeous at Westgate ,even though it took us 2 hours to drive the 40 odd miles.Boy had a swim and I sat and read my book and watched the world go by.It was 29c when we were coming home at 5,30p.m. .Only took an hour and three quarters to get home though :):):) Son-in-law had done dinner and we ate in the garden as it was far too hot indoors.
    Today I am taking DGS Henry out to lunch as a treat for him finishing his GCSE's DGS Jack is stressing as he can't find his GCSE certificates from last year and the UCAS people are in his school today.He is convinced he won't be able to get into Uni without them.I told him to ask if the school has a copy of his results.He is such a scatterbrain at times.

DGS Ben is driving down to London with a pal from Uni where some of the boys have had a whip round for clothes and cash for the victims of the fire. These are broke students who just want to help a little.

Its so hot already I don't think I fancy anything cooked for breakfast I have a mango in the fridge and I think that chopped up with some yogurt will be more than enough for me .
    Hope you all have a good day and that your DDs CAMHS visit goes well Dumpling for your DD

Take care all in these troubled times

JackieO xxx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everybody.
    Phew it's so hot here, already 27 degrees. Had the fan going in the lounge all day yesterday and one in the bedroom going all night. It's on again in the lounge today, will be dreading the electricity bill ! Still needs must as they say.
    Today will be a pottering day, as and when I can in this heat. This evening we will have to disconnect the old WM and I will clean out the cupboard under the sink as the pipes run through the back of it.
    TA and Dumpling thinking of you both today, hope all goes well for you.
    Judi hugs. I have a spare room, should you want it, but you will have to work your way round the cross trainer, which is slap bang in the middle of it. Bit of a nuisance I know, but it does a fantastic double up as a clothes horse :rotfl::rotfl:I suppose we could sling a hammock over it, if that suits !
    Don't know what to have for tea tonight, probably salad as we must get back to the diets, again :(
    Right enough stalling, must go and do something.
    Enjoy your day all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi hugs. I have a spare room, should you want it, but you will have to work your way round the cross trainer, which is slap bang in the middle of it. Bit of a nuisance I know, but it does a fantastic double up as a clothes horse I suppose we could sling a hammock over it, if that suits !

Beggers cant be choosers. I suppose i ought to explain. Hubby has been to the dentist. Had a scale and polish and decided to go back to bed.:rotfl: No treatment was necessary.

Dumpling hope all goes well with your daughters' assessment.

TA i hope your husbands results come back favourable.

Right ive done the ritualistic vacuum cleaning throughout the house, i think i will go and have a cool bath.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks to dumpling for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

Shocking attack in London seems to be something every week at the moment.

It's very overcast here so far and looks as though it could rain though the forecast is for sunshine later. My dad popped round for a visit and I've done some admin but now having a sit down after having to clear up the mess I made when I accidently tipped my recycling wheelie over when I was putting it out!
    I need to do something with the diced pork cheek that is now defrosted. I was thinking thai red curry but have a notion for chilli. Either way it will be for tomorrow as the meat is quite fatty so I want to cook and chill it so I can lift any fat off it.

Hope everyone has a good day x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport