IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 parking ticket

Options
Aplogies if I'm asking the obvious bit I have read through all the info on the newbie and the G24 parking threads bit I find it somewhat contradictory. I have had a contractual parking charge notice from G24 for overstaying in a free car park. Do I ignore or appeal it?
Many thanks

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I find it somewhat contradictory
    What is contradictory? We need to put it right!
    Do I ignore or appeal it?
    What did the NEWBIES sticky suggest?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • emma2759
    emma2759 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Talks about how to appeal etc but then at the end of lots of info states in one sentence ignoring it. In the G24 thread itself which is more outdated the advice is to ignore which is why I want clarification
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    In a nutshell:

Appeal to G24 using the IPC template. It will be rejected. Do not avail yourself of the then offered IAS appeal process. Ignore everything thereafter, other than LBA/LBC/LBCCC from G24 (or their Solicitors) or real court papers.

Have you complained to the landowner/retailer (or whosever land you parked on) and asked them to intervene?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• emma2759
    edited 12 June 2017 at 10:25PM
    Options
    OK not sure what the LBA/LBC etc are but will look into it as I'm not very confident in this sort of thing....never had one before and would have usually just paid up as it's £45 if paid with 14 days.
    I havent complained to the retailer as this particular car park 99% of people go to a completely different shop therfore (toys r us) I didnt actually enter the shop this car park is intended for (car park is at the rear of the shop toys r us) Should I still complain to them? I wouldn't have a receipt or anything so didn't think I would stand a chance? Thanks for your help
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    LBA = Letter Before Action , now known as an LBC (Letter Before Claim)

so a warning letter before a court claim (MCOL) is issued

google is your friend when looking up acronyms etc ;)

not patronising a business would never help you to get a parking charge cancelled , leaving site is one reason these par@sites are employed so it would help if yopu had conducted business onsite

so its APPEAL to the PPC once using the correct template

then for IPC members like G24 , its ignore , for 6 years, unless an LBC or MCOL comes in the post
  • Umkomaas
    edited 12 June 2017 at 10:33PM
    Options
    emma2759 wrote: »
    OK not sure what the LBA/LBC etc are but will look into it as I'm not very confident in this sort of thing....never had one before and would have usually just paid up as it's £45 if paid with 14 days.
    I havent complained to the retailer as this particular car park 99% of people go to a completely different shop therfore (toys r us) I didnt actually enter the shop this car park is intended for (car park is at the rear of the shop toys r us) Should I still complain to them? I wouldn't have a receipt or anything so didn't think I would stand a chance? Thanks for your help

LBA/LBC/LBCCC - Letter Before Action/Claim/County Court Claim.

G24 are not currently litigious - but do have 6 years to pursue. We can't guarantee what might happen between now and 2023, but not something to,lose sleep over right now. Ignore beyond the initial appeal rejection - cross any other bridge after that, if necessary.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

But to get it killed off right away, best get a landowner cancellation if possible. Find out who the car park actually belongs to - Google, Local Valuation Office, Local Authority or from the horse's mouth, the Land Registry and pay (£3-£4) to get the absolute information.

• emma2759
    Options
    Right then OK I'll do that thanks for your help I wouldn't have had the confidence to not pay had I not known exactly what to do. Once I've found out who owns the land should I complain to them too?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Once I've found out who owns the land should I complain to them too?
    Absolutely.

• emma2759
    Options
    Thanks both for your help, Ive been today to Toys R Us who have confirmed they are the landowners but wont waiver the ticket without a receipt, so today Ive sent the recommended appeal letter via G24's online appeal site. Is there anything else I need to/can do?
    Many thanks again
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    the only other thing to do is complain to their head office

otherwise its ride out the storm of DCA letters for 6 years, come back if you ever receive an MCOL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure