PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is the property information sheet (TA6 form) legally binding

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Nice one G_M. I wonder if to help them out it might be worth adding ?

6. My property is freehold, since all the other properties on this estate are leasehold it seems most likely someone in your company has not realised this and assumed that my property should be charged on the same basis as those.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Nice one G_M. I wonder if to help them out it might be worth adding ?

6. My property is freehold, since all the other properties on this estate are leasehold it seems most likely someone in your company has not realised this and assumed that my property should be charged on the same basis as those.
    What happened to 5)........? :rotfl:

But yes, or simply amend 2) & 3) to read:

"My Freehold Title documents, and ......."
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    G_M wrote: »
    What happened to 5)........? :rotfl:

But yes, or simply amend 2) & 3) to read:

"My Freehold Title documents, and ......."

Oops LOL ######
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It could be a mistake if you're the only freehold property there. You need to go back and double check.

My dad bought a house that had a bit of access land that was leasehold, so he bought that freehold and 10 years later randomly started receiving bills because the original paperwork had been sold in a "bundle of freeholds" to another company and the bundle included the leasehold land, but had not been marked as freehold sold on.

All it took him was a phone call to sort it out. Nothing to pay, he was freehold.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Steven_A wrote: »
    We were specifically told when buying the property that we were no subject to any charges.

Specifically told this by your solicitor when they reported to you on what the title deeds said?
  • davidmcn wrote: »
    Specifically told this by your solicitor when they reported to you on what the title deeds said?

I took that as meaning = specifically told by the developer.

Though that may be, of course, because my solicitor (legal executive to be exact) that I found was doing the paperwork when I bought my current house didnt say anything at all to me about what my title deeds said and I found out subsequently they should have done so and I was having to "sort their work out" somewhat for myself:cool::mad: (or, to be more accurate, the friend of a friend that turned out to be a barrister explaining things to me for free....).

Hence - perfectly prepared to believe lots of people doing the legal work may well equally not say a thing about anything they've noticed (or should have noticed:cool:).
  • Steven_A
    Steven_A Posts: 8 Forumite
    yes I vividly remember the conversation whereby they said you do not pay anything.
  • Steven_A
    Thanks for all the responses - very helpful.

My gut feeling is that now we are selling the property they have noticed an opportunity to put the cost onto the person buying the house.

I'm worried it can affect the sale but hopefully it can be put to bed using some of the advice above

Thanks very much everyone
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Steven_A wrote: »
    yes I vividly remember the conversation whereby they said you do not pay anything.
    In that case you seem safe enough, if you haven't separately signed up for any of these services.
  • Steven_A
    Cheers David.

Is there a specific form that a managing agent should have showing we signed up to a service charge?

Or is it just in the title documents?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport