A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry to hear about your friends :(.

Good to see you opening up a credit union account- Is this a savings account? I'm not familiar with them.

I hope you manage to get all that you want done and hopefully get the right outcome re chasing client.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear about your friends INOD. Sending best wishes that they will be improving soon.

You are not worthless. Like I have just posted on DIA's thread you inspire so many people. You work hard to achieve what you want and have done so much. Like you said to me the weight of everything to do can become heavy. Try to give yourself a break. You are fab :T
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You are so not worthless.
    You inspire me to keep plodding.
    You are my friend.
    Simple :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • boo hoo, you guys are immense
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • declined lunch in sister's, just had a coffee. had some more of the not great soup while telling myself it's as much about the nutritional value as the flavour - it'd need to be. put one portion in the freezer and another in the fridge for OH who will tart it up with cheese.

today i made a small quality of life decision. just something silly that should have been addressed ages ago and will probably require an outlay of around £25. feel so silly that i haven't addressed this before but time for action rather than regrets. my sis just made a throw away comment and it was as if a light bulb went on.

Tried eating the frog by contacting the client. no response so a voicemail was left. fingers crossed that I hear back.

Chandelier, the credit union account is indeed a savings account. the organisation operates for the benefit of members and the one i've joined also has links to and works with a former client who I respect. interest rates aren't great but that's true of any low risk account. I'm going to use it for bits and pieces of additional income e.g. sales of stuff but need to recover my initial deposit of £51. There's £7 odds in paypal from ziffit and the music magpie box goes off today so I'll be more than a quarter of the way there from that.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Quality of life decisions are good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Your day sounds like a positive one. Thanks for the tip about life insurance and your CU
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • potential client called back. they have a delay but should have stuff through to me by the weekend. this will enable me to do a quote and to keep my fingers crossed. this afternoon I sent the box off, made a drop off to the chazza, got a bag of salad reduced to 55p that i part paid for with a 25p voucher. we then ate dinner from the fridge using up some bits and pieces. Today I am grateful for
    the health of my children (a friend of my nephew died yesterday, less than a month after his 29th birthday)
    minor investments for big results
    babysteps - so much better than no steps
  • beanielou
    Baby steps are the best :)

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning INOD. Didn't want to read and run but just a quick note as we are in the midst of moving house.

We are all trying to get through life the best way we can. Be kind to yourself - you wouldn't tell a friend they were worthless so be a good friend to yourself and tell yourself how strong and brave you are. Which, of course, is true :D

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback