Northern rock loan over £25,000

Comments

• pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    goaten2000 wrote: »
    what pack are you referring to? Something online or something you've received in the post? As
    per BBW, I was under the impression cases were being taken on on a no-win no-fee basis but I'm not sure what pack you're looking at. To date I have not had any further correspondence other than the email update sent out last month.....

Papers went out today i believe. When you receive the documents give us a call and we can go through them.

With regard to the comments below that this is likely to lead to an unknown outcome and likely to be rejected, i disagree, first the test cases we have run have been successful, we cannot disclose information about them obviously but we wouldnt be taking the cases forward if we didnt think we would be able to get a result, and second, if the case is unsuccessful or rejected then there is no fee as it is no win no fee. Anyway, if anyone has any questions its best that they get intouch as its really not the best to discuss these cases on here
  • pt2537
    Isn't it done on a no win - no fee basis?

The answer is yes, its a conditional fee agreement, which is the correct name for a No Win No fee agreement. These agreements often cause confusion hence why we ask for the clients to call us so that we can go through the documents with them and explain everything that needs to be explained before anything is signed.

Hope that is ok
  • pt2537,

We need to be clear that the headline of 'no win, no fee' doesn't mean that there's nothing to pay regardless of the result. There's an initial disbursement fee of 5% of the value of the claim (around £255) to pay and a maximum fee of 35% of any damages awarded (charges, success fees, expenses and other disbursements incurred incl VAT) on top of any legal costs ordered against NRAM.

'Disbursements and expenses'are payable even if claimants lose the case. Without insurance cover we could also face picking up NRAM's legal bill if we lose.

Risk v Reward appears to be quite marginal......
  • poggs
    poggs Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    pt2537 wrote: »
    Papers went out today i believe. When you receive the documents give us a call and we can go through them.

With regard to the comments below that this is likely to lead to an unknown outcome and likely to be rejected, i disagree, first the test cases we have run have been successful, we cannot disclose information about them obviously but we wouldnt be taking the cases forward if we didnt think we would be able to get a result, and second, if the case is unsuccessful or rejected then there is no fee as it is no win no fee. Anyway, if anyone has any questions its best that they get intouch as its really not the best to discuss these cases on here

Are you sending them out to all applicants? ie will I get one :D
  • pt2537
    pt2537,

We need to be clear that the headline of 'no win, no fee' doesn't mean that there's nothing to pay regardless of the result. There's an initial disbursement fee of 5% of the value of the claim (around £255) to pay and a maximum fee of 35% of any damages awarded (charges, success fees, expenses and other disbursements incurred incl VAT) on top of any legal costs ordered against NRAM.

'Disbursements and expenses'are payable even if claimants lose the case. Without insurance cover we could also face picking up NRAM's legal bill if we lose.

Risk v Reward appears to be quite marginal......

I can fully understand your concerns but as I've said it is our job to go through the papers with each individual and explain the risks,rewards and the litigation process etc.

As I've said before each NRAM case is different, I wish I could discuss the other cases so as to give a clearer explanation of the rewards but I cant.

I am sure however that if you get in touch then we can address any concerns and if you're still not happy to go ahead then you can walk away.

After all what do you have to lose? Nothing and everything to gain if you get a good amount of compensation
  • Who did NRAM sell to? My mortgage is now managed by Whilstletree (TSB), Who are the other mortgages with?
  • Mine went to Landmark Mortgages who are worse than Northern Rock and that is saying something!!!
  • pt2537
    edited 19 October 2017 at 2:35PM
    Hi

I wanted to try and deal with some misinformation that has been bounced around concerning these cases we are dealing with.

1) We are looking at and are hoping to secure ATE Insurance to cover the adverse costs if court proceedings become necessary, this will mean, if unsuccessful and if ATE is in place the costs will be covered by the insurance which is self underwriting so no fee to pay out if you lose.

2) If the Claim is successful then the insurance is covered under our CFA

3) Many people have BTE insurance on their homes and contents insurance which may itself fund the Claims. A lot havent even checked.

4) The rewards are small!!! WRONG. The problem is, and ive explained this to everyone ive met so far, that the rewards are difficult to advise on at this stage for numerous reasons like

A) The test cases have confidentiality clauses so i cannot give an account of what happened because to do so would breach confidentiality, lose me my job etc
    B) From dealing with the test cases one thing became clear, its NOT JUST about interest, interest is one issue, and in most cases COULD worth about £10k on its own, but its also about unfairness such as telephone harassment which could add a further £2k,£3k,£5k, £10k who knows, its also about undisclosed commissions which also took place, all of which come under the banner of unfair relationships.

So when people start quoting sums at me telling me the reward isnt worth the risk im afraid i dont agree, it costs nothing to sit and have a chat with us and let us go through everything before making a decision

5) Its unlikely, although not impossible, that Court proceedings would even be necessary. Experience suggests that these matters may well settle quickly, if that happens then risk is 0.01% reward is 110% which in my view is very much in the right favour

I have seen some messages which totally misrepresent what we are doing, so id ask if anyone has questions then please contact us and we would be happy to assist.
  • pt2537
    Mine went to Landmark Mortgages who are worse than Northern Rock and that is saying something!!!

From your point of view that may be right, from mine its another story entirely
  • What do you mean, are you saying Landmark Mortgages are better than Northern Rock? I have had a horrendous time with them, they are completely unprofessional and extremely unhelpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure