Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Pleased to hear you are feeling better. I have finally finished all planned chores for this holiday. :beer:

I no longer have any useless carp here that is taking up space! :D

I now have three weeks until work. I intend to take care of myself until then, and finish learning a few things I have started. Also planning my final work escape over the next 12 months.

Make sure you keep your BP in check this week

Bexster :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the chores :beer:

and am striving for same - no longer having any useless carp in the house - just not going to happen :(

3 weeks off - now what I could do with that. _party_

What's this - final work escape over the next 12 months ? ? ? :think:

BP will get taken when needed - am in the right place for that. :whistle:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • bexster1975
    Options
    You will get all the Carp gone. Def.:T

I would like to get my business interests to a point this year so I can leave my job :o

It was a major reason for paying off the mortgage. Getting rid of carp also part of the plan as it clears the office out for me to use properly for work, and frees me up more physically and mentally.

If I can earn enough for a few months this year consistently to pay all essential bills, I will look to quit in about 12 months :eek:

Take care with the BP

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Phew, what a day, not a chance of a nice quite, easy stress free day, that I hoped it would be, and should have been.

BP taken and although I was happy enough, they still thought I should not be working.

Been listing and wrapping up ~ 4 items sold today ~ happy with that, and with the special listing/selling offer ending tonight, I have worked well past my bedtime. Gave myself an in bed/lights out before "time" ~ which hasn't worked well and this is only the 1st night.

No money news but working late tomorrow night (all for £30) but said I would do it, and do it - I will.

Been a strange day may have had something to do with the eclipse - spooky.

That's enough for now. Night All.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 September 2017 at 7:34PM
    Options
    Had a nice easy quiet week, until yesterday, when it was probably the 1st day in a while where I have had the energy, time and dry weather all in 1 day

So garden was in for a treat, grass cut, hedges cut and general tidy up ~ 6 hours spent working and boy did I feel it last night and no better this morning ~ muscles ache and feel exhausted but feel rather pleased with myself. Forecast for rain today so no chance I can paint fences, gate, shed, steps and brickwork round house.

Ebay a little slow this past week, but still ticking along, got another 17 or so items listed yesterday and plan more for today.

Money shuffle has been neglected, its all there, just not in the right pots.

Have a 3 day week ahead of me and am looking forward to the time off.

Need to start the housey duties now since spent most of yesterday in the garden.
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day yesterday AFK. I shall also be doing some inside jobs today as weather is quite meh.

Also a couple of nice sideline jobs to get cracking with as they need to be made for October. One week before the dreaded return to W(swear word!).

Lots of changes at work this year so shall see what that brings.

Have a good day, take some time to rest those aching muscles too :D

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day yesterday AFK. I shall also be doing some inside jobs today as weather is quite meh.

Also a couple of nice sideline jobs to get cracking with as they need to be made for October. One week before the dreaded return to W(swear word!).

Lots of changes at work this year so shall see what that brings.

Have a good day, take some time to rest those aching muscles too :D

Ah, so your a crafty one, too - am I right ? sideline jobs ?

You'll be back at work by now, hope everything is going well.

Not sure if you get the long weekend or not, but whatever have a good one.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Still around, doing lots and nothing.

Had a long weekend a couple of weekends back and it was great, and have added a few days onto this
    long weekend :) had a couple of problems on the bay rearing their ugly head :( things were ticking along nicely, too.

Made a few knotty o/p's into my savings/waiting for mortgage deal to end (which is end of Oct) account. Not fully thought about my next step, which could be New Deal/Do Nothing or Loan - need to do some figures and weigh up the options. Also need to decide whether to keep my savings/offset account or to empty it and get that mortgage figure looking good. Lots of scenarios to look at.

Still waiting on word from the insurance claim I put in, which funnily enough will cost me more than the claim :eek: - how come? well will update further once I hear outcome of claim ;)

Finally, saw a house same as mine for sale and the price :j lets just say I had to pick up my eyes and put them back in :rotfl: Lifted my spirits - no end ;) In 5 and a half years, my property has went up 38% on a good day. :dance::dance: then again - I did buy at auction :D :money:

Now - what else can I dig out the cupboards?
  • bexster1975
    edited 24 September 2017 at 2:50PM
    Options
    Hi. I was only thinking yesterday that I must have missed your posts!

No long weekend for me, but it's ok as I've only been back at work two weeks. A new gear needed now as I'm hoping to make some of my " freedom" category changes in 2018. I am indeed crafty. I made a couple of toys for a friend and another friend loved them and commissioned me to make two for her! Honestly, I'm very easily bored so I have a lot of skills that I am a long way from a master of :rotfl:

I've decided I'd like a long travel opportunity in the new year, but don't have the long holiday to fulfil it

A conundrum.....

Have a great day, great news about house price. I know mine is worth significantly more than I paid for it about 12 years ago ( about 50%) which is always reassuring.

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    I'm crafty too (more ways than one) ;) Toys sound lovely, but you need a lot of patience for that :A

Long travel sounds lovely, and I have the time (I hardly ever use all my a/l) so I end up with more the next year :) Just call me workaholic who asks for time off, and hardly ever gets it and (oh you've started me off on one now) :naughty: I worked xmas last year and been refused a/l this xmas, so atm i'm not a happy bunny :EasterBun

I've been sitting here thinking about information(good) given to me over the phone today :shocked:. To be honest still a bit stunned. Could this be as Life Changing as I think it might be . . . . . . . . . . :eek: :dance: :D

Probably not . . . . . :rotfl:but then again . . . . . .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure