TNT Delivery Company - Systems down for three weeks

HI All,
I purchased some internet cameras from a Chinese electronics website 6 weeks ago. I purchased TNT express delivery so that the delivery time would be reduced from 15-20 days to 5-7 days. The order went through and I started to get updates (processing, dispatching etc). I then received another email with my TNT tracking number on it. I checked this a few days later and could see the parcel is in the UK.

At this point a virus hit the TNT delivery company, wiping out all their systems. They are still struggling just over three weeks later. This doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the media, but it is starting to annoy me. When I phone TNT I am told they have no access to systems so cannot help. I am now getting emails from the company I bought the items from saying if I don't pay the customs charges soon, the package will be destroyed or sent back to China at my cost.

Does anyone know what I can do? Firstly I need the items (baby monitor cameras, one to replace a broken one and the other for our newest arrival), plus I want to know if I am entitled to any compensation. I realse the systems have been hit, but to still be without systems three weeks later is a little hard to believe.

Thanks.

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    nimdy wrote: »
    HI All,
    I purchased some internet cameras from a Chinese electronics website 6 weeks ago. I purchased TNT express delivery so that the delivery time would be reduced from 15-20 days to 5-7 days. The order went through and I started to get updates (processing, dispatching etc). I then received another email with my TNT tracking number on it. I checked this a few days later and could see the parcel is in the UK.

At this point a virus hit the TNT delivery company, wiping out all their systems. They are still struggling just over three weeks later. This doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the media, but it is starting to annoy me. When I phone TNT I am told they have no access to systems so cannot help. I am now getting emails from the company I bought the items from saying if I don't pay the customs charges soon, the package will be destroyed or sent back to China at my cost.

Does anyone know what I can do? Firstly I need the items (baby monitor cameras, one to replace a broken one and the other for our newest arrival), plus I want to know if I am entitled to any compensation. I realse the systems have been hit, but to still be without systems three weeks later is a little hard to believe.

Thanks.
    Read here: mytnt.tnt.com

Telephone numbers are there.
  • nimdy
    nimdy Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks. I called the number on that page already. They don't seem to be able to help me.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    I am now getting emails from the company I bought the items from saying if I don't pay the customs charges soon, the package will be destroyed or sent back to China at my cost.

So customs have the parcel?

Do customs tell the sender that customs charges have not been paid?
  • Shaka_Zulu
    Shaka_Zulu Posts: 1,689 Forumite
    I think customs will be well aware of TNTs problems and this will not be a problem.

Compensation? What loss/injury have you suffered?
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    nimdy wrote: »
    HI All,

Thanks.

You have no contract with TNT - the shipper does.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure