The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• break the all out approach into steps or stages and inspire us all with what you can achieve. it might even tear me away from spider solitaire, tea and ginger snaps!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,999 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You know what? That sounds like a plan.

:money::money::money:

I'll cheer you on - but please...don't wear yourself out doing it. :) You need some time for you, too. Post us lots of updates: blow by blow if necessary!

(When you're done, please can you come and be my sewing coach? I booked myself into a class which has been cancelled and not replaced!)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good on you! Go for it :) Worst case scenario is you have your emergency fund and a dent in your debt. Best case is that you clear your debts!

Hello by the way :) I've subscribed to keep track!

Hello clearmydebts :wave:

This is what I'm thinking. I also need to keep myself out of mischief while I'm off work. Plus it give me a mini idea if full self employment will be viable when I have less or no debt.
    break the all out approach into steps or stages and inspire us all with what you can achieve. it might even tear me away from spider solitaire, tea and ginger snaps!

Well INOD I've decided, after your post, to knock it on the head. I'm going to come and live in your house for a spider solitaire, tea and ginger snap party. Sounds like heaven. ;)

My small steps so far are altering three items for one customer and finding dinner from the freezer. I have some more sewing in a minute but I'm just straightening out my spine for a few minutes. It's a killer on my back.
    You know what? That sounds like a plan.

:money::money::money:

I'll cheer you on - but please...don't wear yourself out doing it. :) You need some time for you, too. Post us lots of updates: blow by blow if necessary!

(When you're done, please can you come and be my sewing coach? I booked myself into a class which has been cancelled and not replaced!)

Oh I won't cherryfudge, but I like to be busy. I will keep posting to motivate myself but I may have to limit it to two or three a day.

Boo about the sewing class. Are there none at a local college? I would love to teach you. It's something I have been thinking about again recently. Alas I feel we are too far apart. Oh do you have a local fabric store. Some run classes. It's an idea.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    What a strange day. I did a really silly thing last night. I didn't go to be until after midnight and had to get up at 5am. Today is a washout. I have been to town this morning and also trimmed the garden hedge but I'm wiped out at the moment. So I have decided to do something today which I haven't done for a very, very long time and relax for a couple of hours before picking DS up from school. Sometimes it needs to be done.

Yesterday was ok. I made £25 from very little work which was good. I have plenty more to do and should keep me busy for the next two days. :T Once that's done I need to get on with the house jobs and getting rid of cutter. Oh and I need to make DH's birthday presents. O forgot about that.:o:o

Right some me time, perhaps 40 winks.

Night all :rotfl:

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ooh, a new plan. I love it :)

You can do it!. You really do inspire me.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Ah thank you DIA. I feel the same about reading other people's diaries. It just keeps me going and inspired.

I have continued today with my many sewing jobs. I also have two more sets of alterations jobs coming in so a few more pounds. To be honest alterations aren't my passion but it's all money and hopefully I will be able to do more of what I like.

I have decided that tomorrow I'm going to take an hour and go and gets DS's uniform for next academic year. He is struggling with buttons so I have seem some press together shirts in matalan. I may get the rest from Asda or Tesco apart fro his embroided sweatshirt which I will need to get from the local school shop. I will leave his shoes until the first day of his holiday. I would rather he get a couple less weeks of wear than head to clarks nearer school time. :eek::eek::eek:. Those poor folks should get a medal.

Right off for stay and do at school now then some more work later. Maybe a bit of sewing for little old me.

Enjoy the sun everyone.

• I'm being nosey but what is your passion?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    I like designing and making stuff from scratch and also leatherwork. Thr problem is i dont really live in an affluent part of the world so i nust tend to get repairs and alterations. I do have an online presence which needs setting up properly this weekend.

I have qhad a little bit of a windfall today so i have just put £350 in my savings towards my emergency fund. D@ve Ramsey suggests a £1000 emergency fund unless you are on a very low income, which i am. So im aiming for £500 initially. I will then build it up as i go on. I would like £500 by the end of next week so i need to find £150 by next friday. Game on then. Better get this sewing finished asap.

I will succeed. :)

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    You can do it parsniphead xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Odd. We started our emergency savings on the same day and I also have the grand total of £350. I won't be able to get to £500 until the end of the month. I would like to get to £1,000 but I might have to sell my bike to get there.

You are doing great Parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills