Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your kind wishes for my mum, no more news yet but not expecting any for a few days
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your kind wishes for my mum, no more news yet but not expecting any for a few days

Hope she is okay QOC xxxx
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I see nerfdad is on holiday again

Thats why its quiet then:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    No TM or TS tonight, that why its quiet:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I popped into morries earlier and caught 9p fruit and veg time perfectly :D

Chickens won't be wanting for cabbage anytime soon :rotfl: :rotfl:

Apples, lemons and tangerines all down to 9p too :)

Also picked up a load of winemaking kit from a lovely lady on streetlife, including a bottle of rose hip wine :rotfl: it also came with a corker thing, loads of corks, labels and foil toppers as well as loads of other stuff too, and also a very useful book about preserving. Very fortunate to have been on streetlife at the right time. I've been picking blackberries from the allotment today and I don't have any room in the freezer for them all :rotfl:
    Oh, I have not had that for years (infact, only had it once) and it was stunning!!!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Thats why its quiet then:rotfl:
    bubbs wrote: »
    No TM or TS tonight, that why its quiet:rotfl::rotfl:

Nawwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Cant be, you are still here :p
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 10:44PM
    Options
    If anyone wants to try the Soreen Apple & Sultana Loaf (make sure it is the right one!;)), that is at £1 in A at the moment, and test my theory and see if the APG comes back with M on that.

I'm expecting an N/A (but they may surprise me - would be interesting to see if they do manage to find it - would be very helpful information either way in fact!) but with A and M both being £1 (or M allegedly £1, I have yet to find stock:rotfl:), you couldn't get it a better price in M or elsewhere (excluding staff discounts, whoopsies or something like that).

EDIT: Perhaps that John Smith's Golden Ale (500ml) - still £1 in A so 'no loss' - should be tried too - see if they have lost that from all the collection stores. It's just turning up nowhere for me yet. It's become very difficult, for me, but I bet it will return! (It's just enjoying a complete temporary absence from all my stores whilst it lies in one or two places elsewhere:rotfl:. Very few, judging by my eventually having it in only two stores (out of double figures) and then in one and then... none:(! If only I even had an errant SEL and no stock...:rotfl::rotfl:). Just hope that M haven't sneaked it up to £1.65 and have it in a collection store at that:rotfl:.

Also, I reckon T's collectors may have trouble finding the Ginster's Steak Slice (the large one at 204g) - and £2 T:eek:, £1 M. (But see the note on my list about that.) That's another item possibly if someone wants a TBG failure and an overcharge compared to M on that:rotfl::rotfl:. Of course, they may find it and compare and be the 'never pay more' than M - however I'm just thinking not and that this might test them.

I'm also thinking (TBG) that one or other (I doubt they will have both, and they might not have either of them!) Wonderfarm Young Coconut Water (330ml) or Grace Coconut Water Original (310ml) may prove not to be in their collection stores. It depends what stores they have as their selection though. Of course the one you buy will probably work:( (whilst the other would have failed!:rotfl:). I just think that, if they have a store with them at all, it's likely just to have one of them and not both and likely that two other stores won't have either of them. That's my experience - and could well be three stores no trace. But it does depend on which stores they are using and how they have selected them (based on range).

Also, about this lot of bold on the M list now that makes this mess:
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Kellogg's Disney Frozen Porridge (6x27g)£1.00:eek:_pale_ These are becoming harder to find in M - may be TBG N/A now.
    Kellogg's Disney Star Wars Porridge (6x27g)£1.00:eek:_pale_ As above.
    Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Granola Crunch Biscuits - Choc Chip (6x40g)£1.00:eek: [Strike]I think these will be in M as well. However, they now seem gone from most stores so may return N/A on TBG.[/Strike] I've now lost these totally - they must surely be somewhere but, given my problems, they seem now to be even less likely to be found by TBG. T's agents use only three stores.
    Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Granola Crunch Biscuits - Honey & Oat (6x40g)£1.00:eek: As above.

Will TBG's collectors, from three stores, now find what I have failed to find in six?

I had the Star Wars Porridge on Monday, from three stores, but didn't have the Frozen version. (I know they are still £1 each however, as they 'always' are, whenever I do find them.) Yesterday, from six stores, I found the Frozen version but didn't come across Star Wars:rotfl:.

I think these are technically RTC, but apart from a brief appearance on a "reduced" shelf in one store earlier that suggested this, I have had no evidence of them being RTC as they've been on the regular shelves of stores and with £1 SELs (whilst the Crunchy Nut and/or Coco Pops sometimes around them - depends on store and time - have gone up and down and back up in price) and they should pick them up - if they are in a store with them and it seems these are becoming rarer now. Reckon they might not have them in their just 3 stores (or may have a store with just one but not the other), and even if they do, they will surely miss something else.

I lost the Krave On the Go pot (at 40p) a number of months ago and haven't seen it again since. I can imagine the place it will now be will be that store I had where it was at incorrect full price - that may now have it at 40p SEL. Otherwise, it was in several stores - sometimes three picked it up, sometimes not - it was fifty-fifty for me (of course continuously on the list regardless as I don't delete items anymore than I know to be elsewhere and will turn up again at the same price) - but it has, by now, long disappeared as the 40p, with higher prices on other stock around it, has sold it out from all my stores that had it showing that before. I don't know if M still has it - if so, it will be a much smaller number of stores now I suspect, but I wouldn't be trying this on TBG now as it's virtually nowhere (indeed I've no current evidence that M still has it at all:rotfl:).

Scholl Corn Cushion Protectors (9) (£1.47 in M - I now have to assume:rotfl:) is one that, if I were testing TBG, I might be inclined to try. It's not been in many stores for me in the first place - in fact probably only about two or three out of twenty! - and I've now lost it from my last remaining store that had had it (will have to find it somewhere else now:rotfl: - but I no not where, as there's virtually nowhere else I've seen it). It is online, so that's where it will still be... in Leamington:D (as one of the few stores that have it I suspect). But I'd suspect they don't check Leamington - I think, again, this is another "good" item if you want to hope for a TBG fail:rotfl:. You could fail on that attempt to fail though and have it compare:rotfl::rotfl:.

This must be in M too as it's online but I really don't come across this item very often at all: NUK First Choice Silicone Teat Size 2 Medium 6mth+ (2). Just hope they don't check Leamington:rotfl:. I don't know about the Kool n Soothe products - occasionally I have had stores that don't have them, but I do seem to have them more regularly now and reckon TBG will probably pick them up:(. However, I reckon they miss might the Good Girl Rattle Ball Pack. That would seem to me to be a good one to fail and end up overpaying by 50p - however I've only come across one M that had it, a while ago, and I don't have any evidence that M even has it anymore:rotfl:. I bet it will still be in M in one store in Greater Manchester though.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »

If she goes....it means the world has stopped spinning!!!!
  • bubbs
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »

:p:p:p:p can soon go:D
  • bubbs
    Options
    If she goes....it means the world has stopped spinning!!!!

:eek::eek:cheek!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure