club lloyds dropping to 2%, halifax rewards to £3

Options

Comments

• sgarrod79
    Options
    Just what we need. I migrated to both Halifax reward and TSB from my interest-less HSBC account this year. This combined with the drop in the value of the pound is devastating for savers.

Bank of England is rapidly becoming useless, cutting rates and printing money through QE like no tomorrow reducing the value of what little money we have left.

Carney should be fired.
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The people who should be fired are the 52% who voted to make us poorer.
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2016 at 10:00AM
    Options
    apt wrote: »

Mark Carney backed remain and he and MPC decided to cut rates when there was absolutely no need. If they were doing their job as they should be with the pound down and inflation going up they should have raised rates as would have occurred in the past - but that might see house prices fall which now seems to be the only thing they care about.

Carney should be got rid of ASAP - his policies have been a disaster and are destroying pensions and saving and creating a Ponzi scheme economy built on house prices and a bubble stock market,
    PS people were told rates would rise If they voted leave!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    apt wrote: »

Sorry pal but I was a leaver. Do you worst.:rotfl:
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Sorry pal but I was a leaver. Do you worst.:rotfl:
    me too, same as 1975.should never have gone in.The French, deGaul, stopped us enough times, now they want to stop us leaving.Wonder why:rotfl:
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    I have a Club Lloyds Premier account. It would have been nice if Lloyds had bothered to inform their customers of this rather than let them read about it here first.
    I assume this has been verified as true as the website is still advertising the 4%. Rather misleading to potential new customers if the rate is to drop within the next 3 months.

How does that work? They send out a mailing to over a million customers phased over a few days. You get your letter in the first phase and rush to MSE to tell the world. I get my letter a few days later.

You'll get two months written notice of the change. The press have just given you slightly more advance warning.

Not a problem, is it?
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    In one way it'll benefit me because I'll earn 2% per month instead of 1% like I am at present.
    Per year ...
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    How does that work? They send out a mailing to over a million customers phased over a few days. You get your letter in the first phase and rush to MSE to tell the world. I get my letter a few days later.

You'll get two months written notice of the change. The press have just given you slightly more advance warning.

Not a problem, is it?
    I'm sick of the bloody letters, telling me the rates are dropping.
    just had one this minute,halfax, isa, now 0.05% instead of 0.25%, which another letter told me yesterday.
    they come daily, just like junk.
    If only they were as good at dealing with your affairs.:mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Were were pushing Thresea May to trigger article 50 - hardly evidence of 'stopping us leaving'.

Had a German friend over the weekend and she said it was one of bemusement but they weren't that bothered either way. She said it's sometimes best to jettison the high maintenance lover...

joe134 wrote: »
    me too, same as 1975.should never have gone in.The French, deGaul, stopped us enough times, now they want to stop us leaving.Wonder why:rotfl:
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 October 2016 at 12:35PM
    Options
    One crumb of comfort for me is although the TSB Classic account rate is dropping it does not affect my monthly savers rate of 5% as it was fixed for 12 months and taken out two days before they dropped it to 2% back in June 29. Also RCI rate for me staying at 1.20% even though they dropped it yesterday to 1%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure