Contact details for MD of Dunelm Mill Direct

Comments

• Are you able to talk me through why you have just registered and with your single post to date resurrected a thread from 2 weeks ago?
    Gotta start somewhere - we all registered and made a first post at some point.
  • Gotta start somewhere - we all registered and made a first post at some point.

Very true. I am quite shocked at some of the replies I have seen to new people on here. It has made me very cautious about what I write.
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Gotta start somewhere - we all registered and made a first post at some point.

true. Just odd.
  • true. Just odd.
    Why? What would you deem an appropriate first post out of interest?
  • Cool_Username
    Cool_Username Posts: 499 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2010 at 11:54PM
    Very true. I am quite shocked at some of the replies I have seen to new people on here. It has made me very cautious about what I write.
    Don't be cautious - just ignore nonsense comments like the one in question!

• Equaliser123
    Why? What would you deem an appropriate first post out of interest?

Please don't misquote me. I have never said that it was inappropriate, just unusual.

For obvious reasons. The thread was dead - 10 days without posting. New registrant posts a rather sublime comment and hasn't been heard of since.

Against the grain of the vast majority of new-posters who tend to have a reason or rationale to post.
  • Equaliser123
    edited 24 April 2010 at 11:04PM
    Don't be cautious - just ignore nonsense comments like the one you just received :)
    And if that was aimed at me, can you please explain how your post corresponds with the rationale and principles of this website and, indeed, the views which you seem to put forward?
  • Cool_Username
    Cool_Username Posts: 499 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2010 at 11:51PM
    And if that was aimed at me, can you please explain how your post corresponds with the rationale and principles of this website and, indeed, the views which you seem to put forward?
    Well done for identifying that it was "aimed at you".

I see no reason to explain this to you, just as I see no reason why you made a similar demand of the previous poster that they explain why they chose to make a post in a particular thread.

Why do you continually ask that people explain why they made a particular post to you? Is your sense of importance so over-inflated that you feel you have some sort of right to pose such questions to other forum members?

Please don't misquote me. I have never said that it was inappropriate, just unusual.

For obvious reasons. The thread was dead - 10 days without posting. New registrant posts a rather sublime comment and hasn't been heard of since.

Against the grain of the vast majority of new-posters who tend to have a reason or rationale to post.
    Again, why do you feel that you are the person to deem whether or not the thread is "dead"? At what point after the last post is a thread considered to be "dead" and therefore, in your opinion, not to be posted in again?

The poster in question felt they had something to contribute and did so - whether you deem this to have been necessary or not necessary is irrelevant.

Again your over-inflated sense of importance appears to have led you to begin rather bluntly demanding an explanation of why a new "registrant" has chosen a particular thread to begin posting on MSE.

It is hardly the welcome that one would expect when joining and hardly your place to try and police your own personal, frankly baffling rules regarding what a new user should post.

New registrant posts a rather sublime comment and hasn't been heard of since.
    Hardly surprising given the response the "sublime comment" received from you is it?

• Equaliser123
    Wow. What an essay of utter drivel. You seem to have too much time on your hands.
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Don't be cautious - just ignore nonsense comments like the one in question!

And who are you to call anything nonsense?

I think you have put an element of nastiness into this thread which wasn't there before. Suggest that you take your handbags elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure