memory foam matresses

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    MrsE wrote: »
    Thanks Tim I will read them.

However I must say I'm VERY happy with our bed.

I'm glad you are happy with it. I'd be really pi###d off after spending £1500 for a bed that I wasn't happy with.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    I'm glad you are happy with it. I'd be really pi###d off after spending £1500 for a bed that I wasn't happy with.

It was worth every penny:D
  • ixedoc
    ixedoc Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    we bought our memory foam mattress from http://www.memory-mattress.co.uk.
    they stocked the continental king size mattress which very few shops stock. the prices are well below when compared to tempur. the quality was excellent and not to mention the sleep is now great as well!
  • Milko wrote: »
    I too can vouch for Starplan ... leave it til after Xmas & get it in the sale from memory ours was £999 down to £599 plus free matress protector & pillows (last year)

hi newbie addin a bit,
    i got mine from starplan about 8 months ago, it still feels as cormfortable as the 1st night I slept in it and also got it half price with pillows and matress protector, also got my headboard 1/2 price as we bought loads of bedroom furniture.

loving the site :T

janet
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Bought a pocket spring bed with memory incorporated on the top . Had it for 2 weeks and I am totally converted. i had a spinal fracrure 2 years ago and I have never been really comfy in bed since until I got ours. Wonderful- wonderful=wonderful
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • annie_d
    annie_d Posts: 933 Forumite
    However.............my husband bought me a memory foam pillow and i have never had a headache like it. I thought I had been hit with a hammer. A big disapointment.
  • Tim_Deegan
    annie_d wrote: »
    However.............my husband bought me a memory foam pillow and i have never had a headache like it. I thought I had been hit with a hammer. A big disapointment.

Try leaving it to air for a few days.

It sounds like the fire retardent chemicals haven't dried out properly yet.

The memory foam it's self shouldn't give you head aches.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    annie_d wrote: »

Ah but theres memory foan & theres memory foam.

I have a Tempur, its dreamy (£80) DH has a kaymed (£50) & its nice.

Bought DH & DD ones from Dunlem mills, for only £40 each & neither of them could use them.
    Before that I bought four cheaper ones only £25 & they were even worse:mad: They went in the charity shop bag:mad:
  • Tim_Deegan
    MrsE wrote: »
    Ah but theres memory foan & theres memory foam.

I have a Tempur, its dreamy (£80) DH has a kaymed (£50) & its nice.

Bought DH & DD ones from Dunlem mills, for only £40 each & neither of them could use them.
    Before that I bought four cheaper ones only £25 & they were even worse:mad: They went in the charity shop bag:mad:

Actually much of the memory foam used by good quality manufacturers in the UK is supplied by Kaymed, but most sell it far cheaper than they do.
  • I have a memory foam mattress from Ikea and I love it! It took a few sleeps to get used to it - it felt like i was sleeping on bricks the first night i slept on it, but now i find it really supportive and very comfortable!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure