Bank Charges Success Stories II

Options

Comments

• freestyleskier
    Options
    Cahoot Loan Account
    Amount claimed: £60
    Amount received: £60

Was paying loan by DD from Cahoot current account. They stopped taking the DD payment although money in account. Charged £30 each month for 2 months and put late payment on credit file. I got charges removed and I claimed £30 for each month as admin fee for me having to write and fix their error. They paid up as they couldn't claim this was an unfair charge. I had to type my letter manually whereas their's are automated. Had phoned complaints guy chasing his letter and he said it was in post and that loan team told him my credit file was fixed. Put him on hold while I checked my file and found late payment still showing. He was so embarressed but got it fixed in under 24 hours.

I'd had a previous complaint a few months ago where they'd messed up some stoozing and got £150 in addition to my money moved to where I wanted it. My loan DD is still not working properly so I'm hoping they'll make some more errors cos I quite like charging them £30 a time. I'll reduce my fee as soon as they reduce theirs.
  • tjinuk
    tjinuk Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Lloyds TSB

Both me and my daughter made claims against Lloyds TSB.
    My claim was for £730.00
    Won and accepted £651.00

Just the usual 2 letters and was sent a cheque 4 weeks ago.

My daughters claim was for £1,410 +101 interest + 120 court fee+100 Aq fee + £1731
    Deposited into bank today £1729.00
    Happy with this and accepting.
    Posted all letters. Filed at court in April. Sent AQ in end of May. Still not heard from either court or SC&M but deposit in bank today.
    Pleased its all over and no need to go court or sort bundle out.
    I will be starting process again though as £400 charges have been taken since start of process.
    Good luck everyone who is claiming and thankyou to this site and C.A.G site for all help and advice. We would never of done it without you so a big heartfelt thanks.

Tracie and Kate.xx
  • lizoni
    lizoni Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Bank: Halifax PLC
    Amount Reclaimed: £779.13
    Amount they paid: £859.13
    The story: I sent off the letter requesting statements and a cheque for £10 on 6th February 2007. They cashed the cheque but didn't send the statements. I had to get on the phone and have a go at some poor telephone advisor in order to get them sent. I sent the first letter requesting refund of charges on 22nd March and second letter on 18th April. I received a letter stating that there would be no refund as the charges were lawful and I had agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions. I filed my MCOL on 22nd May. I discovered strange cash payments in my account yesterday and a letter stating that they do not admit liability but it would be more cost effective for them to pay me by charges plus interest and court fees.

Hoorah! This has come in really handy. I have just moved into a new home and this money is going towards paying next month's mortgage.

I can't thank you enough Martin. I probably wouldn't have gone ahead with this if I hadn't seen you talking about it on GMTV and visitng the website. I've told my colleagues about my success story and told them about the website. (Some were actually going to pay a company to get the refund for a fee!)

Thank you so much. I hope this gives encouragement to others thinking about claiming back their charges. It's well worth it!

:T :rotfl: :rotfl: :T
  • poppyscorner
    poppyscorner Posts: 792 Forumite
    Options
    My Story Halifax

Amount Claimed £937
    Amount they paid £937

The story-
    Wrote to them 28th Feb 07 requesting statements they wrote back 12th April with some one elses charges
    I told them what they had done and eventually got my letter 12th June wrote first letter for money back same day was received 13th june got refusal letter a few days later and phoned straight away for a review. Phoned again this monday on 01977 627 310 to ask if it could happen very quicker got offer today of half phoned back this morning they agreed to pay straight up full amount will be paid within 14 days I am v.v.happy and would never have done it if it wasnt for this site my mate also claimed from them alongside me claimed £1740 they paid £1700 so we are happy

Thanks Martin and all moneysavers

Edit: just wanted to add I am using the money for me hubby and our boys to go to Eurodisney for 3 days in December a chance we would never have had was it not for this site so thanks thanks thanks poppy
    :j:love: Getting married to the man of my dreams 5th November 2011 :love::j
  • chuffed_2
    Options
    Bank: Barclays
    Amount claimed: £2088
    Amount paid £2088 + costs

My journey started by watching the BBC Money Programme in late 2006 confirming what I had learnt about unfair bank charges on MSE.com

I warn you Barclays play HARDBALL..I had to go down the small claims road and hold my nerve but FINALLY.... 1 week or so before my court hearing, they've settled in full.:rotfl:

Ironically Barclays sent me an initial letter offering to settle for £1800, which i accepted. A few weeks later my case was 'struck out' by a Judge in Hull Crown Court! (damn cheek!):mad:

Anyway a few days after that, Barclays' legal dept wrote to me and offered to settle in full:j , without admitting to any wrong doing on thier part of course.

Thank you Martin and the MSE.com team and all the people who shared their stories on this site. It gave me the encouragement to go on.

Watching the latest developments on this issue, I fear that the net is closing for others who rightly deserve their money- so hurry and get your claims in there!!
    ps: this site is great!!!!
  • nursegladys_3
    Options
    Bank: Abbey
    Amount claimed: £1583.71 estimated
    Amount going to pay: £1583.71 inc costs and up to date interest

Started this in Jan 07, MCOL, then request for statements (never arrived). The charges were an estimate of those based on 14 months of statements. The case was transferred to my local County Court, with a pre-trial review on the 28 June 07, was just going to copy all my paperwork this weekend when a letter arrived today saying they are going to settle in full.

This has worked for me and a few thousand other people, all I can say is keep going all you can lose is your court fee.

Regards.
  • lindiloo_3
    Options
    :T :T :T I won Alliance and Leicester
    Hooray
    Got so worried taking Alliance and Leicester to small claims court and they were defending, but today they have offered the full refund and court charges. All you people out there kept me going thank you all so much and :A Martin Lewis :A your are the best.
    Lindiloo
    Hope I have done this right so people can read it.
  • lucasskywalker
    Options
    Been taking on Lloyds since December.Sent a letter requesting the £390 they owed me in charges otherwise I would take them to court and charge interest plus the court cost.I put in my letter this was their first and only chance to pay up or I would file a claim at court and not enter into any correspondence with them again if they did not pay up within 14 days.
    I got the usual letter saying they believed the charges were fair and I'd agreed to them when I opened the account.Filed straight away on the court website,their solicitors submitted a defence and was going to court the middle of August until a letter arrived this morning paying me the £390 in charges+£50 court fee+£97 in interest.
    I was rather hoping for my day in court but I've got all my money back so I can live with it.
    A word of encouragement to anyone trying to claim THEY WILL DEFINATELY PAY UP.Just don't ever back down to them and don't except any deals,you want the full amount+all interest+the court fee if you've already payed for.
    Keep smiling:beer:
  • olliealmond
    Options
    Hsbc
    Amount Claimed £1619
    Amount Recieved £1376.15

The Story...wrote On 6th April 2007 Asking For My Charges Back.
    Had Response Form Hsbc Saying That They Were Looking Into The Matter And Had 8 Weeks To Respond. I Decided To Wait, Then On June 14th Had Offer Letter For £1376.15.. I Have Decided To Accept The Offer As It Is Near The Amount I Was Asking And Took No Work At All To Get.

Cheers Martin For The Templates And Advice...

Ollie.
  • donfor
    donfor Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    R.B.O.S
    Amount claimed 2178
    Amount Received 2178
    I took lots of info from this site and forum, recevied my statements well witrh 14 days, sent my claim letter and received the above amount within a further 6 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure