Rise Credit card, am I accepted?

Hiya.

Last week I applied for a Rise credit card. I was accepted online, it basically said congratulations your pin and card should be with you soon.

Does anybody have experience with these, and is it safe to assume I am going to receive the card? Some companies have a nasty habit of saying you are accepted but then sending you a rejection letter instead are Rise the kind of company to to this? Or does accepted mean accepted?

:)Thanks :cool:

Comments

• Out of curiosity, did you not get a Vanquis or Capital One Classic? These people have a steep monthly fee (£10 for a £100 credit limit)...I think you'll probably get the card as the issuer "Raphael's Bank" seem legit.
  • Hi SummerDaze

They are Legit. I applied for one last week and it turned up today :)

Hope that helps

Manc
  • Out of curiosity, did you not get a Vanquis or Capital One Classic? These people have a steep monthly fee (£10 for a £100 credit limit)...I think you'll probably get the card as the issuer "Raphael's Bank" seem legit.

They both turned me down :( I've had less than great credit in the past which most likely played a part in that!!

mancboixxx wrote: »
    Hi SummerDaze

They are Legit. I applied for one last week and it turned up today :)

Hope that helps

Manc

Hiya, thats brilliant!! Thanks Manc!! That does help! It should arrive any day now then :j
  • hayton2k3
    hayton2k3 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Rise give out CC even if not on ER
  • Hiya, It's probably a stupid question :D, but what does ER stand for?
    hayton2k3 wrote: »
    Rise give out CC even if not on ER
  • I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • Thank you boogie!! :cool:
  • SummerDaze wrote: »
    They both turned me down :(

Applied for a cap 1 progress, Vanquis, Natwest Credit cards got accepted only to get turned down by Rise ???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

P.S Also have applied for the creation credit card .. Have been reffered .. So let's see !!
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    just_about wrote: »
    Applied for a cap 1 progress, Vanquis, Natwest Credit cards got accepted only to get turned down by Rise ???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Probably a good thing because there's a £3.50 monthly fee even if you don't use the card. And they claim the APR on balances is an eye-watering 303%, which would be significantly higher for most customers because of the way their tiered charges work. It's a good idea to steer clear of this card if you have another one, as you do. :T
  • I still haven't received the card :eek:

I'm beginning to think it's not going to arrive. (Either that or the post is just running very late lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure