M&S - have a free bra fitting and receive £5 off when you spend £35 on lingerie

Apologies if this has already been posted on the site - forgive me as this is my first post.

At my local M&S store today they were offering £5 off when you spent £35 on lingerie if you had a free bra fitting. None of the staff mentioned this promotion to me despite me going into the fitting room to try some bras on and purchasing 4. If I had been made aware of it then I would have had the free fitting but only noticed a poster when I was leaving the store with the necessary purchases in my bag. (New Years Resolution - will only buy clothes this year when there is a need not just because I want them...:))

The manager was very good and agreed to refund £5 when I complained but it may be worth looking out for this offer and asking staff about it if you need new undies.

I think it is running to the end of January.

Comments

• Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ooh good offer, will go in soon.
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • thanks for that Kiplingmonkey, need (want) some new lingerie so will nip in to M&S
  • KevInChester
    KevInChester Posts: 458 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2011 at 12:53AM
    If I needed to get some underwear for my wife (I don't have one, 'tis theoretical) would M&S give me (a male) a bra fitting (very very slight man boobs) in order than I could get £5 off my purchases?
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Get fitted there, but ignore everything they say. Go back later having been fitted elsewhere and buy the correct size with the money off!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    vixarooni wrote: »
    Get fitted there, but ignore everything they say. Go back later having been fitted elsewhere and buy the correct size with the money off!

I agree - an independent lingerie store, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, La Senza will all do much better, more accurate bra measuring & fitting than M&S.

Apparently at M&S I am a 34B.....but am a 32DD everywhere else, and my "overspill" is now in control while my bra does not ride up my back :)
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    floss2 wrote: »
    I agree - an independent lingerie store, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, La Senza will all do much better, more accurate bra measuring & fitting than M&S.

Apparently at M&S I am a 34B.....but am a 32DD everywhere else, and my "overspill" is now in control while my bra does not ride up my back :)

The universal mistake M&S Bra fitters make is insisting it should fit on the middle hooks. When you first get a bra it should just fit on the outside hooks. This allows 2 further hooks to use as the bra stretches. Also you may find the size that fits in one design will be too loose in another. Anything too loose but with the right cup size try a smaller bra size & go up a cup size or two.

The under bust chest measurement is the bra size then approx 1 cup size per inch compared to the fullest bust measurement. (non of this add 5 inches if it is an odd measurement & 4 if even then the cup being whatever the difference is ie 32 + 4/38 = 36B). This aught to be a 32 DD or 32F.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • newMS
    newMS Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    a couple of weeks ago i went to MnS for a bra fitting, i got inot Derby just before 9 am and wentinto marks, asked for a fitting and was told that they had a free space at 4.30pm!!!!!!!!!! i wouldn't have minded but i was the only one in the shop, went to La Senza where the lovely lady spent over an hour ensuring my many purchases were perfect..... total failure Marks and Spencers I will never go there again
    mustn't grumble :cool:
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    vixarooni wrote: »
    but the correct size in M&S is likely to be completely different to the size you're in from anywhere else!

I won't use M&S because they are quite happy to fit you into what they have, rather than what you actually need.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport