The mindful MFW: A healthy, happy journey to a mortgage free life!

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on all your MSE activity - and on the return from holiday, seriously impressive :)
    So sorry to hear about your nursery troubles. If I can be of any help please holler :). Worries like these can be very debilitating so please be kind to yourself

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just caught up with your holiday exploits and it sounded delightful! Great progress in here.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Museum, yes, that's fine.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks wish and PP, your PMs have been much appreciated.

Hi SJ - the holiday was great thanks! I said to the OH, it didn't feel like a holiday, it felt like how life should be, if that makes sense. Lots of family time, beautiful walks and cultural days out. I came back in a really good headspace as had plenty of time to think.

Work has been exhausting, have some deadlines struggling to meet but think I've turned a corner. Will be working Saturday to meet deadline and also up my hours before I work from home / look after DS next week.

Prescription picked up and filled, and whilst walking to the station after I found 11 jobs for j0bsp0tter. I am waiting for them to be verified so have no idea how much they are worth or if they are already posted but fingers crossed.

I picked up a 1L of mouthwash from Bo0ts with a neck tag to get your money back - plus with triple points got 72p worth of points :D. Getting paid to clean my teeth, great! I've diarised the claim date.

BT are messing us around with our installation date, just put it back another 3 weeks. At this rate am concerned will not get our cashback as bought beginning of July and still not installed.

Need another early night, and a quick check of current account. OH gets paid tomorrow so looking forward to resetting pots :D

£40 of restaurant vouchers that I won last week have been received and thank you sent, and I've topped up my Am@zon account by £70 to earn a £5 credit.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • museumworker
    Options
    £50 JL vouchers received from competition and thanks sent :D

Claimed my first 02 priority items, a large pack of crisps for OHs packed lunch and a smoothie for my work lunch tomorrow.

OH's payday :j! His increased pension contribution appears to have come out already, we were expecting next month but if needed we can reduced the payments in future. Money transferred to cover mortgage and house account, and have put £850 from last month's money into the savings pot for October's insurance :D. This is now full which is great news.

Our next savings goals are £1,170 by Dec for OH's travelcard, and £1,850 by Jan for OH's tax bill. We have £5,800 in savings elsewhere which would cover this but would be great to not to have to dip into this too much.

Thanks to whoever signed up for my Shopmium referral, I have earnt £4 and I hope you are enjoying your free cornettos in the sunshine! I picked my box up on the way home and we had them in the garden - a perfect start to the sunny bank holiday!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm at work tomorrow but looking forward to finishing up a piece of work to deadline and also being able to free up some time to spend with DS next week as he's out of childcare.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    It wasn't me that used your Shopmium code, but I'm getting a free bar of chocolate tomorrow on my way to the art gallery, hoping I can keep Pickle on a short lead whilst wandering round.
  • museumworker
    Options
    Enjoy your day out wish! It's amazing how a small freebie can feel like a real treat! My Shopmium referral code is still valid if anyone wants to use.

£7.50 earnt from j0bsp0tter :j! Will be hard to find more jobs but not bad for a few minutes extra work.

Bought a few things yesterday via h0tukdeals board. A Pattiserie Valerie cake for £20 (+7% cashback), I needed a thank you to the nursery staff for when DD2 leaves in Sep and this will be perfect. I almost bought one for mine/DDs birthday in October but I can make a very good homemade one for less so will hold off.

Also an oil filled de Longhi radiator for £40 (retails at £80). DD1s room takes ages to heat up in the winter as it is at the top of the house, and sometimes we leave the heating on for ages to try and get it warm. Will use with a clockwork timer to make sure she isn't freezing to death up there, and will hopefully save money on heating too.

Also bought Sylvanians for DD1 for Xmas, 25% off, plus staff discount, plus using Zeek card means we got £40 of toys for £19 :D. Am pleased we're buying things as we see them. My ambition has always been to have no shopping in December and just enjoy the events, but this has never happened! Maybe this year... plus it means December should be a lot cheaper as will have spread the cost.

Better get a wriggle on as have to get to work. Have a good day everyone!
  • museumworker
    Options
    Forgot to say TCB have a bonus £2.50 when you spend over £10 with them this weekend. You need to activate the offer first via your homepage. The cake group0n offer will get the additional £2.50 - and was a purchase that was already on my list.

Have lost shopmium receipt for Cornettos! I blame the MIL as she loves to move things around. I can't complain really though as she's been so helpful with DS this week and got us out of a sticky situation. I've learnt I need to apply for the cashback as soon as I buy the product to make sure I have everything to hand. Just means my next box of cornettos wil be free :D no real hardship but not a mistake I want to make regularly.

Claimed free bottle of elderflower drink via shopmium thanks to my referral bonus and stashed for Xmas/dinner with friends.

Has anyone used receipt h0g? Am finding it slow going but wonder if I persevere it will speed up a bit. At this rate will take 3 months to earn $5!! :eek:
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I'm usingrecipt hog. I'm not expecting it to be a quick process, but, I zap my recipts when I update YNAB so it doesn't take long.
    The way I look at it is, the longer it takes me, the more money saving I've been as the less receipts I have.

Still hoping I win huge on a spin or a draw though.

I had a free chocolate bar from shopm1um yesterday, and the juice and a Bogof on another juice that was half price in the store so £1ish for 2 bottles of sparkling grape juice is good enough for me. They are being stashed for Christmas.
  • museumworker
    Options
    I'm usingrecipt hog. I'm not expecting it to be a quick process, but, I zap my recipts when I update YNAB so it doesn't take long.
    The way I look at it is, the longer it takes me, the more money saving I've been as the less receipts I have.

Still hoping I win huge on a spin or a draw though.

I had a free chocolate bar from shopm1um yesterday, and the juice and a Bogof on another juice that was half price in the store so £1ish for 2 bottles of sparkling grape juice is good enough for me. They are being stashed for Christmas.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, but what is YNAB?
    You're right, I need a bit more patience with receipt h0g. Although I tire easily of things like surveys, but I'll try anything once so will aim for one cashout and then see if it's worth continuing.

Good stashing skills, I'm also trying to get a bit of a stock up for Xmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport