Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Arrgg!! Been waiting to order a Tile from Amazon, then watching a TV program tonight, and they were on there, so thought I best get my harris into gear and buy it. Added it to my basket, looked about amazon for a couple of other things to buy, and then the badger has sold out, and gone up £7!! I had a £6 off voucher to use on it too, grrr. Darn TV!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Good morning peeps.:wave:...Little late but better late than never....Up an at em early this morning...Just fitting some door stops.....Last job before Xmas....House has taken good shape in the last few months...I'm nearly there....Only have to re-paint the bedrooms...Quick job...last big job inside is to complete the downstairs bathroom....I need to completely fit it out...Going to make it more of a shower room with toilet and sink as I already have a bath in the upstairs bathroom...

Plenty to do.....I will need another project before much longer....:j:j

Have great days too .....:D

You can come and sort my house out... it is a blank canvas... it still needs the plaster board!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Here is my tree

2lruxl.jpg

SSM do not comment about the size... be good... behave!
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    What do you mean until - it is a regular occurrence in chez Anon :D.

Kneeling on it is worse though :eek:.

Anon

I once knelt on a drawing pin.

Now that’s pain:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • simone10
    simone10 Posts: 1,089
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only £1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The end is nigh
  • My DD is a happy bunny, very pleased with 6 x popcorn multipacks which I gave her for the children's next movie night, and a Dove washbag which is not only handy for her 2-day work conference later this week, but even more useful as she finished her last deodorant this morning.

Parcels posted, just two heavy ones left to drop off at a collection point tomorrow. I had to get extra strong outer wraps, a roll of dark blue, heavy duty ''rubble bags'' from HB was perfect for this (99p.)

One card left to get, and it needs to be special.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Just a quick note to say bourbons are on roll back at £0.35 :)
  • Is that the movie night one? I saw one in b&m todah and wanted to get it as a gift.
  • simone10 wrote: »
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only £1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck with that :eek:

I was once told off for wearing my cycle helmet in T's, I had a bit of a bicker with the security guard because there was two people in there in the full black Islamic dress including full veil, he reckoned it was a religious thing, I told him the Koran does not require it and only asks that women dress modestly, and it was a choice, and I chose to wear my helmet to avoid hurting people with it jn the store and avoid having it destroyed by someone when i leave it hanging on my bike, then walked out having already done my shopping.

I FB'd T's when I got home and they said that I could wear my helmet in store, so I did so the following week, walked past the same guard, and he went red, think I annoyed him :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 10:18PM
    Good luck with that :eek:

I was once told off for wearing my cycle helmet in T's, I had a bit of a bicker with the security guard because there was two people in there in the full black Islamic dress including full veil, he reckoned it was a religious thing, I told him the Koran does not require it and only asks that women dress modestly, and it was a choice, and I chose to wear my helmet to avoid hurting people with it jn the store and avoid having it destroyed by someone when i leave it hanging on my bike, then walked out having already done my shopping.

I FB'd T's when I got home and they said that I could wear my helmet in store, so I did so the following week, walked past the same guard, and he went red, think I annoyed him :eek:

My DD use to work in T xpress years ago and someone came in wearing a motorcycle helmet and when DD opened the cash till they reached over and grabbed some money and ran out. Of course couldnt be identified on the CCTV because they were wearing the helmet. :( After that, there were notices that ppl had to remove helmets when shopping/paying for goods/fuel/ Should be same rule applied to the veils that cover the face too.
    Cycle helmet doesnt hide your face does it. Stupid security man.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I once knelt on a drawing pin.

Now that’s pain:eek:

:eek::eek::eek: ouch

:o I can feel that :o - when we was children we were playing in a friend's Dad's shed that was strictly Off Bounds ....

I knocked a garden fork (large size) off its hook on the wall & it fell down & embedded a good 2" into my heel - I had to pull it out :eek:
    The Mum said it served me right for being in there :o:o

My Mum had to take me to the Cottage Hospital in Horley. My main worry was having to take off my jumper to have a tetanus jab as I had nothing on underneath :o:o
    Never mind the cleaning of wound & stitches :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure