Pay Monthly Designer Handbags?

Hello MSErs!!

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows of a site that sells designer handbags (i.e, Chloe, Mulberry, Marc Jacobs) but lets you pay in installments?

My current bag is starting to fall apart so I'm in need of a new one, but would love to get a decent one that's going to last and just pay it off slowly!

I know the obvious option is to pay by credit card and do it that way but unfortunately I don't have that option available to me!

Many thanks!!

Comments

• Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there Kipendo and welcome to MSE!

How much would you be looking to pay off each month? Perhaps you could make-do for a while and save that amount in a dedicated savings account each month instead. Sell a few bits on ebay to add to your fund and if people ask what you want for your birthday this year, tell them you'd be so grateful for a small donation for your " Beautiful Bag Fund".

You could then treat yourself to your perfect bag, without having the bag hanging off one shoulder and a debt hanging off the other.

Maybe not be what you want to hear, but that's what I'd tell my DD who's the same age as you :p
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I think, Bronnie, it is the ONLY truely MSE way for a luxury spend, save then seek discounts/sales.
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2010 at 8:57PM
    I would add that although a designer bag is seen as the ultimate luxury and quality, I've had bags from BHS and Debenhams that have lasted many years and withstood a lot of wear and abuse so you really don't *need* to spend an awful lot.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    BitterAndTwisted Posts: 22,492 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Any woman who says that she needs a new bag because the one she has is falling apart is a liar. Everybody knows that no woman ever has just the one bag.

Lady, it's either time to save up for that luxury bag, buy a reasonably priced one which fits your budget or hit the charity shops
  • Wilma33
    Wilma33 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Save, save, save! Please don't into debt for a handbag.
  • kipendo
    kipendo Posts: 22 Forumite
    Thank you for all the kind words of advice everyone!

I think I really do need that bag though...! Although I am considering starting a savings account for "luxury items" - so your advice isn't on completely deaf ears!!

I have survived on cheaper ones for several years (my current one is Debenhams!) but it's pot luck whether you get one that will last the duration or not.

I work as a buyer for a living, so am out and about all over town all the time, so my bag is a really important possession, and has to be quite specific in terms of opening, compartments etc...as well as getting quite a lot of wear and tear...and I don't have any other bag that would be up to the job!
  • BitterAndTwisted
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Is this the right place to open up a discussion about what appears to be a radical change in people's aspirations? Normal. ordinary wage-earners thinking that a mere hand-bag which could cost a month's pay is an appropriate and sensible purchase?

I'm a wizened old hag now with very different priorities and I'd obviously heard of Cloe, Hermes, Mulberry et al when I was a lot younger but never in a million years believed that such a purchase was attainable or knew anyone who owned one either.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    kipendo wrote: »
    Thank you for all the kind words of advice everyone!

I think I really do need that bag though...! Although I am considering starting a savings account for "luxury items" - so your advice isn't on completely deaf ears!!

I have survived on cheaper ones for several years (my current one is Debenhams!) but it's pot luck whether you get one that will last the duration or not.

I work as a buyer for a living, so am out and about all over town all the time, so my bag is a really important possession, and has to be quite specific in terms of opening, compartments etc...as well as getting quite a lot of wear and tear...and I don't have any other bag that would be up to the job!

I have a couple of designer bags, gifts not my spends!, one has needed several repairs andother has merely had a few. I have a few bags from independant shops I have wished would die and they won;'t (£50 mark). Last bag oruchase was a Ness BAg reduced to £25. It has rlled around the back of DH's landrover getting hay/mud on it and has just brushed/wiped clean and smart. Something like that, young British skill and makers is not as expensive as what we term''designer'' but its cheaper and quirkier.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Coach bags can be got for less than Chloe and Mulberry and are lovely quality.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kipendo wrote: »
    Hello MSErs!!

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows of a site that sells designer handbags (i.e, Chloe, Mulberry, Marc Jacobs) but lets you pay in installments?

My current bag is starting to fall apart so I'm in need of a new one, but would love to get a decent one that's going to last and just pay it off slowly!

I know the obvious option is to pay by credit card and do it that way but unfortunately I don't have that option available to me!

Many thanks!!

Can't tell you where to get them on tick but I can tell you where to get them cheap(er):D

Shepton Mallett, Mulberry factory shop. I got a Tan Roxanne in there for £245.
    Also got a small-med black one (can't remember name) reduced to about £125 (I think).

Bicester Mulberry discount store (not as cheap as Shepton Mallet, but still good).

Got a lovely large black messenger there for under £300, should have been 6 or 7 ish I think.

:money::money::money::money::money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport