Virgin Media Complaints catch

I have TV (Tivo), phone (landline & mobile), and broadband with Virgin Media and have had for at least 7 years. There have recently been problems in my postcode area affecting broadband and TV, when I experienced the following issues:

No Broadband access at all:
3 - 7 February (5 days)
2 - 6 March (5 days)
Total: 10 days

No TV viewing via cable at all:
5 - 7 February (3 days)

No programme guide and only manual recording option available:
5 - 25 February (21 days)

No Catch-up/ On Demand access at all:
5 - 25 February (21 Days)
2 - 6 March (5 days)
Total: 26 days
I was therefore without my full contracted service for a total of 28 days (3 - 25 February & 2 - 6 March inclusive). I was not offered a refund, a partial refund, or even the courtesy of an explanation or an apology, or indeed, any communication from Virgin Media at all in relation to the outage. I regularly looked up the status online so knew the situation but when I wrote to them to ask for some form of refund, they responded by saying that they would do nothing because I didn't report it by phone! Firstly, their own website acknowledged the ongoing issues so it wasn't as if they didn't know. Secondly, I'm not confident complaining on the phone hence my olde worlde written letter (no email address for complaints).

Can I challenge this or should I just accept that everything is by phone nowadays?

Comments

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Not really - you need to register the service outage on your account so that a rebate can be calculated and paid when service is restored. This is to prevent fraudulent claims from those who weren't affected who read about it later and try for a rebate. Having been with them for 15+ years, I have always found them fair when calculating loss of service rebates.
  • Fair enough. My own fault for assuming everyone is as honest as I am! Mind you, they should point this out on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure