Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

funding or grants for support groups in wales

roaminghippy
roaminghippy Posts: 12 Forumite
edited 19 February 2013 at 4:09PM in Charities
hi all i am looking for funding or grants for 2 groups i am part of.
The first group is Neath Port Talbot special needs support group(they support parents or carers of children or young people with a variety of disabilities such as autism,adhd and rare genetic disorders) , the second is recovery( they help you with anxieties,depression,ocd and so much more). They are both looking for funding/grants. I have done some fund raising myself via table top sales etc but i was wondering if there are any organisations or groups out there that would help with this? ANY information would be greatfully recieved
thank you !:)

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]

Comments

• Have you tried applying to the national lottery or other grant making trusts there are lots of links for trusts that make charitable donations to registered chaities google is a great place to start however most applications need to be from official trustees etc although each grant may have their own criteria obviously
    Spelling courtesy of the whims of auto correct...

Pet Peeves.... queues, vain people and hypocrites ..not necessarily in that order.
  • dandelionclock30
    dandelionclock30 Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2013 at 9:28PM
    Try your local voluntary Action Organization they will have the resources to help you with your search. There are also courses available on fundraising for charities for like 2 days or 5 days etc. Go on one of these as they will tell you how to write the bid fill in the forms ,search the websites use directories etc.
    There you go, these have courses you can go on.

http://www.wcva.org.uk/training/index.cfm?display_sitedeptid=3.

You can give them a ring and they will help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure