Cheapest place for advents (anyone else want to donate to a food bank?)

Options
I would like to donate a few advent calendars to a food bank this Christmas. I wondered the cheapest place to get them would be? Would like to be able to get as many as possible for my money. Also can’t decide whether to get a freefrom one or just a card one incase they have a child with allergies (I can’t imahine having to use a food bank as it is, let alone how much harder it would be if you have allergies)
Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk

Comments

• bettyboo71
    Options
    It might be worth contacting the food bank that you'd be donating to, they can probably give you an idea of how many kids they usually support, and if any have allergies.
    Our food bank does get some donations of free-from things, but we only know that they need this if they specifically tell us when bags are prepared.
  • DufferDoris
    Options
    Poundland have a good selection of Kinnerton chocolate ones, which are nut free :) This is a lovely idea, I will have to find out where our nearest food bank is.
  • LittleMrsThrifty
    Options
    Last year Amazon did various 11 calendars for £9.99 - all Mars I think, Malteesees, Galaxy etc

It's a lovely idea but I do worry that if a family is using a food bank, will they be able to buy Christmas dinner, Christmas presents etc? If Christmas is due to be very difficult I don't know if they would want the child counting down to it.
    MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport