If my daughter has a LISA and her partner has a HTB ISA,can we use them both together

Hi,

My daughter intends to transfer her HTB ISA into a LISA to make the most of the additional allowance, but her partner won't be able to save that much, so wants to keep it in a HTB ISA for the higher rate.

When they come to buy a property, can they use them both together. I know you can use two HTB or two LISAs between a couple, but I've not seen any concrete statement that you can use one of each between a couple.

I can't see why not, but I'd like some another opinion if anyone knows for certain.

Thanks,

Nigel

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,869
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Interesting, its documented that you (as a single person) can't use the bonus from the LISA and the H2B together. Presumably, and I can't find anything to the contrary, this applies also to couples.

Gov.uk says under the "buying with someone else" section:
    If you have a Lifetime ISA and a Help to Buy ISA, you can only use the government bonus from one of them to buy your first home.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The ISA rules only apply to individuals so I don't see why this would not be possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure