Redundancy query

Hi guys found out a while ago I am being made redundant,I work in a store and went from one job role to this one, the job role I am currently being made redundant from , i have been in for about 9 months, when I was interviewed for this job there was no mention of it being temporary or being made redundant even though the company knew and other staff members pulled out of applying as they was told situation. As you can imagine I am not happy, where do I stand? Surley they aren't allowed to do that ? :mad:

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Hi guys found out a while ago I am being made redundant,I work in a store and went from one job role to this one, the job role I am currently being made redundant from , i have been in for about 9 months, when I was interviewed for this job there was no mention of it being temporary or being made redundant even though the company knew and other staff members pulled out of applying as they was told situation. As you can imagine I am not happy, where do I stand? Surley they aren't allowed to do that ? :mad:
    Sorry, but yes, they are allowed to do that. Any job can be made redundant at any time, just as an employer can change their mind about redundancy at any time. The job wasn't temporary, and they were not obliged to tell you that they might make it redundant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure