Reality Check...

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 June 2016 at 8:43PM
    This is all right, then. I would rather be paranoid than scr3wed, or that you or any of the cool people on here, were. I did a "how scam-savvy are you" quiz the other day, and scored only nine out of ten. It served to stoke the paranoia. ;)

OK, been restraining myself all day and it's gotta get out. All together, now, "All the nice girls love a sailor"... where have the little faces gone? Needing a big grin, now.
  • The Amazon drama is to do with an old Love Film account. I signed up to the 30 day free trial about 6 years ago and cancelled it....in 2013 I moved into the 21st century and signed up to internet banking. I then noticed a payment of £4.12 coming out my bank for Love Film...turns out it had been coming off every month for 6 years and I didn't notice as never even used to open my bank statements, plus it was a small amount to notice but over the years it all adds up...especially now when every penny more than ever matters. Amazon can see I am due a refund but they somehow don't know how to process it?! Something to do with the computer system Love Film used and then Amazon bought them over...I have called something like 22 times!! Then thought I was getting somewhere last week with the refund to be told it was for £80 and then for £35?! Maybe I should have just took the £80 the other day and moved on....but then again, why should I!
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Smodlet wrote: »
    This is all right, then. I would rather be paranoid than scr3wed, or that you or any of the cool people on here, were. I did a "how scam-savvy are you" quiz the other day, and scored only nine out of ten. It served to stoke the paranoia. ;)

OK, been restraining myself all day and it's gotta get out. All together, now, "All the nice girls love a sailor"... where have the little faces gone? Needing a big grin, now.

No idea where this quote is from Smodlet, but I am a nice girl who loves a sailor :wink: :rotfl:
  • Hope everyone has had a good weekend, I have so far.

Friday night I spent £12 on some beer and a cheesecake and cream. We stayed in after all and I made homemade pizza, I used to always make them and then stopped as couldn't be bothered but they are so easy and taste great!

Saturday was a spend free day...went a walk...I am not as fit as I think!! Well, not compared to someone who is 27 and super fit and at their peak lol. Went for dinner and drinks last night but I never spent a penny.

Today I don't have any money spending plans... making a roast dinner and my parents are coming over, going to take the dog a good walk to the park and just do some housework.

I was going to say look at the lovely weekend I have had that hasn't really cost money, but had I spent money last night that wouldn't have been true.....but for me it has been a low spending weekend anyway! xxx
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Very low spend! And your weekend sounds just wonderful.

Did your DD enjoy Portugal? She must be getting excited about San Francisco.

27 and fit! Perfect!!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smodlet
    No idea where the quote comes from? You young ones, no idea what music is supposed to sound like :rotfl:

Perhaps you should play this to your marine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HycdoRH8to

I am not that old. You don't have to have been to Mozart's concerts to appreciate his music, either, I'll have you know.

It sounds as if you have had a great week end. Did your marine pay for dinner?
  • Smodlet
    Just caught some Earth, Wind and Fire live from Glastonbury, wow! Now, that's music. Remember dancing to their hits at school discos! How come I got old and they didn't?
  • I'll play it to him lol I saw a bit of Adele and Coldplay at Glastonbury, watching nice and clean from the comfort of my own home is ideal for me, festivals are my idea of hell!!

Yeah my daughter enjoyed Portugal topping up the tan before San Francisco! She is really looking forward to it, but has a little while to go, leaves start of August....but saying that it's July already on Friday so be here before we know it!

Had some pending payments come off and basically all I am left with is money for petrol until pay day! Perfect......I met a friend for dinner last night and cost £22....I am running dangerously low on money with 17 days to go until I get paid...the £100 contingency fund is going to have to come into play, even thought I did kind of know it would need to since I never really left myself much money to do anything and bought those walking boots!

I really need new foundation, I am trying my best to make it last until pay day....I always wear Estee Lauder Double wear so it is £30 I really don't have.

Last night my phone has also been playing up and won't charge!! I have used 2 different plugs, different sockets and 5 wires....so it is def the phone and not the charger!! Agggrh! That is all I need.

Since I am in a bad mood this is my best time to call Amazon and moan!! Also better get finding my things to sell and make some money!!

I wish I had patience for all these surveys I see people doing, but I really don't so not even going to attempt them as will just annoy myself when I don't do them.

Better go do some work......xx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    I got my Estee lauder make up by doing surveys and saving amazon vouchers as a "treat" to myself. Maybe try that?x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I wish I had patience for all these surveys I see people doing, but I really don't so not even going to attempt them as will just annoy myself when I don't do them.

Better go do some work......xx

I hear what you are saying about surveys but there is one site that is really worth signing up to; Prolific Academic. They pay very fairly for surveys, you will almost never get screened out because they pre-qualify you based on your profile and occasional additional questions that they put on your page. They are studies that are being undertaken mostly by students doing degrees or post grads and they are usually pretty quick and pay well. I did 5 different ones yesterday and made £8, this morning I have done 6 and made £10.25. Some days I won't be eligible for any and they do tend to quieten down in the summer for obvious reasons but its only a quick click a few times a day to see if there's anything there for you,
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£320.00 (64%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£058.00 (12%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family