Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sometimes they reinflate.... my friend's son packed a quilt in one to take to university at the beginning of the year, reckons the car was a bit crowded by the time he arrived!:rotfl:
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Eenymeeny wrote: »
    Sometimes they reinflate.... my friend's son packed a quilt in one to take to university at the beginning of the year, reckons the car was a bit crowded by the time he arrived!:rotfl:

Yes, they can do - I slimmed down my airing cupboard (quilts, blankets, spare pillows etc.) woke up the following morning to the airing cupboard door pushed open and things slipping and sliding all over the place :(
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Midger wrote: »
    ... Are vac-bags good? Worth using? I have loads of clothes stored in the loft taking up a lot of space!
    Thanks x

I've tried various types (at least 3 brands) but all of them have re-inflated. I'd suggest weekly re-vacuuming which is tedious but does keep them flat. In the end I just used them as dust covers.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • My local store today had cute winnie the pooh style bandanna bibs usually alot more than a pound for that style bib.

They also had police man hats in the party bit great for kids dressing up box my 3 year old son loves it, has barely taken it off!

Also some good ish dvds 40 year old virgin and devil wears prada although I think these may have been mentioned before.

Still awating vajazzle kits though!! I have my eye out!

They had the sally hansen triple packs but not in the colours I would usually choose too dark.
  • Update to DVD list - Closer, The Matrix, Spiderman 2, Training Day xx
  • wushyboo
    wushyboo Posts: 228 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2012 at 7:54PM

Still awating vajazzle kits though!! I have my eye out!
    When I saw them in my store they weren't near the make up like I would have expected but near the condoms/ medicine/toiletries a different set of shelves completely there were in a box i think
    2012 wins- FB Clean Campaign eyebrow kit, Heinz ketchup Indian Spices, 4x rocky road squares, magners eye-pads, £500 from pepsi, 3x green&black cooking choc bars
    WLTW-Lots of Money, Concert Tickets, Holiday/Hotel break, Kitchen Goodies
  • MrsShawToBe
    MrsShawToBe Posts: 594 Forumite
    Cans of spray paint in York poundland... Grey, silver, black, and white, 300ml cans, have managed to spray 5 candlesticks and a basket with one can :)
  • amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    luxor4t wrote: »
    I've tried various types (at least 3 brands) but all of them have re-inflated. I'd suggest weekly re-vacuuming which is tedious but does keep them flat. In the end I just used them as dust covers.

Vac em and then put them inside something else like a holdall or suitcase. Mine stay vacced all season then.
    I'm so boring, my clothes wanna keep someone else warm, someone cooler
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    3 for £1 on small selection of their reading books..

2 for £1, washing up liquid (blue colour, cant remember the brand).
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Today I got a sally hansen pack with 3 items ( various available ) bags of thorntons mint and classic chocs,big bag of choc raisins, 2 toilet brushes, boxes of cappucino( unsweetened ) and some weightwatchers crisps etc
    travelover
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure