Failed test purchase

Comments

• eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    enocar wrote: »
    I wasn't sure tbh. But ended up being internal (thank goodness) i was given an record of improvement, asked if there was any reason I hadn't asked, I said to me they looked old enough, otherwise I would have asked! I had to do my challenge 25 test, and now apparently every thing is back to normal, thou not sure if I have moved department. Still glad I have a job, that's the main thing! Thank you for all your replies!

If you failed a lottery test purchase then I would be concerned how you handle alcohol sales.
  • eschaton wrote: »
    If you failed a lottery test purchase then I would be concerned how you handle alcohol sales.

No difference, both are challenge 25
  • Wish i knew you when i was at school.

Good luck though
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    enocar wrote: »
    I wasn't sure tbh. But ended up being internal (thank goodness) i was given an record of improvement, asked if there was any reason I hadn't asked, I said to me they looked old enough, otherwise I would have asked! I had to do my challenge 25 test, and now apparently every thing is back to normal, thou not sure if I have moved department. Still glad I have a job, that's the main thing! Thank you for all your replies!

Sounds like its all ok but use it as a learning curve, if unsure on the age of the purchaser then ask for ID.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No difference, both are challenge 25

Exactly - which means OP would likely to have sold alcohol to a 16 year old.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    To be fair, it's 16 for the lottery (18 for booze) so I can see how OP was caught out.

I'd be tempted to cover my six by asking for ID from everyone buying age restricted goods.
  • enocar wrote: »
    Have woken up shaking and with a banging headache, am panicking about going to work because I have to keep a brave face on and I don't know if I can :(
    That sounds like one of my hangovers:p

But seriously, is there nothing you can do to help yourself deal with stress a bit better? I mean, you made a little mistake, the company dealt with you fairly, but in the intervening 3 days you are imagining employment Armageddon, and probably affecting your health over it. There has to be a better way...

fc
    Feb 2008, 20year lifetime tracker with "Sproggit and Sylvester"... 0.14% + base for 2 years, then 0.99% + base for life of mortgage...base was 5.5% in 2008...but not for long. Credit to my mortgage broker
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    But seriously, is there nothing you can do to help yourself deal with stress a bit better? I mean, you made a little mistake, the company dealt with you fairly, but in the intervening 3 days you are imagining employment Armageddon, and probably affecting your health over it. There has to be a better way... Posted by fewcloudy
    Yes. Assure your boss that you will never make this mistake again, because you will always ask for ID from everyone buying age restricted goods. That will give you both peace of mind.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    eschaton wrote: »
    Exactly - which means OP would likely to have sold alcohol to a 16 year old.

Whats it like being perfect?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Yes. Assure your boss that you will never make this mistake again, because you will always ask for ID from everyone buying age restricted goods. That will give you both peace of mind.

Easier said than done, ever dealt with an angry 50 year old buying wine for sunday dinner and you refuse to serve her without ID...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure