PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Comments

• Hi everyone, we're just back from Grandpickle sitting, tired but happy, Oh so happy! They were much easier to manage with He Who Knows there too, Zebra is needing much attention at the moment and is into 'real' lego and I'm a total dufus with building things from it, so fiddly so small and I'm just not up to speed. Oreo actually put his little arms out to me for a cuddle this morning for the very first time too, precious moment!

FUDS so pleased and very relieved that you've FINALLY had the 'P' vaccine and harvesting turnips from the plot.....Fantastic!

He Who Knows has a blood test this afternoon so I'm going to cadge a lift to W8rose as we took virtually everything with us from the fridge on Tuesday when we went to Ruthie to use at lunch as she was stuck indoors waiting for delivery of a new bathroom suite and was given 8.30 to 5 as the time it would arrive! Nice to be home, went on Thursday and viewed a lovely house close to Nell which is a definite possibility. Looks promising that we WILL find what we want in the area we want, watch this space!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Oh I hope so Lyn and with the use of the (!) I detect more than a whiff of positivity :D I'm worried about you settling and losing your sparkle my friend.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Fab news Lyn :j will keep all appropriate digits crossed that this will enable you and HWK to make the move closer to loved ones x
  • I'm looking forward to the adventure FUDS, a new life in a new place I know well before we go and that has so much more to offer every day than we have here. Closer to the girls, closer to the Grandpickles, much better facilities, much better access to transport, walkable to whatever I need to access including the station, hospital, big supermarkets, Oh yes BRING IT ON!!!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Well Fuds after a few days of homemade ginger or peppermint tea I can now raise a large mug of Yorkshire tea to celebrate you and the jabs .
    I've been having a giggle at the image of DH out on the back field with torch digging up worms . Actually very OS , foraging in fact !
    I do wonder if you do a head count of the wormery worms :rotfl:
    Well the neighbours will soon get used to things . You wont be going anywhere and you may actually inspire some .
    What's the plan for the smaller beds? In a week or two I need to start planting the autumn garlic and I have a few packs of bargain price blue and white bulbs from Wilko , they jumped into the basket your honour !

Lyn I'll be watching this space too . It would be lovely if things turn out well . Those journeys for Pickle sitting must take it out of you both . It will also save on travel costs and probably the best plan all round for you all .

Hope Lainey , CS and the lovely Lulu are well . Also all posters and readers not forgetting SM .

Busy week ahead , we have virtually lived in hospitals and clinics recently and Dr upped the 2 weekly appointments to weekly . DD had the second Barbotage 8 days ago to zap the big lumps of calcification and they are arranging Physio . I can't remember if I mentioned the strange dent that appeared on her thigh that Dr ordered an US scan for . Two days after the Barbotage she had that scan . It was quite funny as the senior doctor who did both Barbotage procedures , one two days earlier did the scan . Laughter all round on that as it was a different hospital all together .
    Verdict is she has no subcutaneous fat in the area scanned . General medical verdict from him and our Dr is her body is "confused" no surprise there then !!!

Take care everyone and hello to Candlelight if you're reading
    Much love
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 October 2017 at 10:16PM
    Oh my, it's been weeks since I was here last.

Was so busy at work then I finally had last week off. I had so many plans, so much to do , it's been quite a while since I had a whole week at home. Well, I don't know where it went. I religiously ran six and a half miles a day but that was done before 9 so no excuse for impinging on my time. I took mother to the big city for a day so we shopped (mostly window and chuckled at the silly prices) and had a nice lunch out and I painted fencing in the garden and cooked lots of things for the freezer and spent almost a day shredding old papers for the Nov 5th bonfire. I guess I did achieve a lot but don't have much to show for it if that makes sense?

It's definitely fall now though - blowing an absolute hooley here tonight so the remaining apples may be off my tree tomorrow. Not to worry, they will be rescued from the ground and sliced before freezing - will save me poking them off the high branches with a stick :)

This month will be busy at work and I have quite a few business trips coming up so I need to meal plan to make the most of the huge freezer stocks and keep hubby fed while I'm gone. I'm thinking of buying another upright freezer for the garage so I will need to research online this week perhaps.

Anyway off to bed - not that I will sleep. Sunday nights are a real trial - even last week when I had no work on Monday I couldn't sleep. Very frustrating!

Pollyanna - the very word barbotage sounds gruesome. Too close to "barbarian" for my liking!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    SM called it barbaric so made a similar connection . It will hopefully make a real difference after things are calmed down . We are thankful such procedures exist . She's pretty stoic about things unlike me . It's been an education really and at times hilarious . A sense of humour is a wonderful gift .
    It sounds as though you have done a lot during your time off .
    Everything is once more battened down here . I'm beginning to think it may become the norm after all the storms in the past few years . It's very windy but I can't hear any outdoor crashing and banging so hopefully you , I and everyone else will sleep .
    Take care
    polly
    Just noticed the typo at the start of my post DD should be after SM . Too tired to correct , time for bed I reckon .
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    SM we have 2 Beko tall upright freezers - good prices and suitable for garage / shed use - and a larder fridge, all with metal backs in line with new safety guidance ;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • When we move I'm going down to one freezer, so I can't hoard YS things that then disappear into the depths and surface freezer burned and inedible some time later. The big chest freezer was necessary when the family was here but now it's just the two of us we freeze way more than we can use because we grow it on the plots. Not going to continue in that vein when we move, going to buy a new large upright freezer and that will be IT!!! also going to be sensible about the amount we freeze to use of any one given crop in any one year as there is such a thing as too many blackberries!!!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    SM I love autumn being called fall. :)

I had to re-read the start of your post Lyn as I though you said you're going to hoard. Hoard?! Lyn?! No, not Lyn. I was right all along. :D

Polly the smaller beds are going to house one pumpkin and 2 climbing squashes. The prospect of having autumnal colour squashes are keeping me awake at night. I'm afraid I'm sad enough to not be jesting. :D

Polly when you light your candle this evening please will you think positives for me? I'm afraid I have to mention the P word too soon. I'm back from the doctors who has heard crackles on my right lung. I have had a sore chest since the day after my jabs. I have stronger antibiotics and I'm being kept a close eye on at the surgery. I go for a chest x-ray tomorrow and if I don't make any progress I go straight to a&e but I'm home. Please work jab, please work. I just can't believe it :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure