Natwest Technical Issues

Comments

• jr29
    jr29 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I can not believe that I have just received a txt from NATWEST, I was due a payment yesterday, still not there, was due wages today, no sign of them, when I check my balance it is in credit (what i already had) but i have just received a txt from natwest advising me to pay money into my account by 3.30pm today or I will INCURR CHARGES!!!!!!!!! Not a chance my account isn't (or most definately shouldn't) be over my agreed limit. Not amused xx
  • Newdawn00
    Newdawn00 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Wyre wrote: »
    It probably is there but their own systems aren't seeing it so tranfers etc can't happen.

Try not to worry too much about it 'til you can get into the branch.

Thank you, I am trying. Just a complete melt down in my brain this morning at the thought of not being able to feed the children. I never trust computers! I wonder if it is possible in this era to be able to live without using a bank whatsoever.
  • anneatkins
    anneatkins Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Calm down. Nothing will happen to your kids if they go without apples for a couple of days.

Maybe not, but being a good Mother, who works for her pay, if my kids asks for an apple or a carrot, they darned well ought to have it.

We're luckily not in a third World country and I work hard so my kids can have what they need (and it is a need, even if you don't think so), and I don't appreciate being messed about by my bank, who if heaven forbid, we ever were 1p short would slap us with charges for and above what is even sensible.

Further, actually, if you understood anything about cell growth, stuff will indeed happen, if they miss out on micronutrients for even a day. Just because their heads won't fall off doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

It does matter. If you disagree then I direct you to google so that you can read up, educate yourself and then pop by to post something pointless.

Finally, I am calm. As has been said,,I was lucky enough to get shopping in on an odd day and for whatever reason, I bought extra fruit and veg I normally wouldn't. My kids are covered.

But what about people who aren't.

I swear the amount of smug flying around you'd think wasps were on strike and little smugbugs were biting people instead.
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jr29 wrote: »
    I can not believe that I have just received a txt from NATWEST, I was due a payment yesterday, still not there, was due wages today, no sign of them, when I check my balance it is in credit (what i already had) but i have just received a txt from natwest advising me to pay money into my account by 3.30pm today or I will INCURR CHARGES!!!!!!!!! Not a chance my account isn't (or most definately shouldn't) be over my agreed limit. Not amused xx

Obviously some of their systems are working very nicely;)
  • I do not bank with NatWest - I bank with HSBC - unfortunately, the company that my Husband works for does bank with NatWest and his wages were not paid yesterday and still haven't been paid today - Luckily we have enough money in the account to cope for a few days but what about non NatWest Customers who have been affected by this - They won't just be able to pop into their Bank and demand their money
  • willo65
    willo65 Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    anneatkins wrote: »
    Maybe not, but being a good Mother, who works for her pay, if my kids asks for an apple or a carrot, they darned well ought to have it.

We're luckily not in a third World country and I work hard so my kids can have what they need (and it is a need, even if you don't think so), and I don't appreciate being messed about by my bank, who if heaven forbid, we ever were 1p short would slap us with charges for and above what is even sensible.

Further, actually, if you understood anything about cell growth, stuff will indeed happen, if they miss out on micronutrients for even a day. Just because their heads won't fall off doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

It does matter. If you disagree then I direct you to google so that you can read up, educate yourself and then pop by to post something pointless.

Finally, I am calm. As has been said,,I was lucky enough to get shopping in on an odd day and for whatever reason, I bought extra fruit and veg I normally wouldn't. My kids are covered.

But what about people who aren't.

I swear the amount of smug flying around you'd think wasps were on strike and little smugbugs were biting people instead.

I can understand what you are saying but has been said the bank is still allowing withdrawals in branch so people who are due funds should be able to access it and buy fruit/veg etc.

Also the bank give a £6 buffer if you go o/d upto £6 you won't incur charges.
  • anneatkins
    anneatkins Posts: 21 Forumite
    As an aside, my account is again showing the day before yesterday's balance.
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    I believe the media are seeing it, but this issue is being played down because it gives little taste of what it would be like if anything serious happened to a bank (e.g. go bust).
    They don't want to panic people into taking their money out of banks ...

Not that they could anyway ;)

We're lucky in that we have various accounts dotted about because (a) we don't like to stick all our eggs in one basket and (b) we took advantage of some special offers a while ago where you got cash for opening up accounts :p

We are, however, expecting a large deposit (steady!) from a solicitors that should have been in Tuesday/Wednesday - at which point we can pay off a credit card that is costing us a fortune in interest charges, an overdraft and several bills (hmmm .. including Car Tax ... eek!).

We'll survive, its no major big deal for us, thankfully - just costs us a little more in stress, interest charges and time. I have a nice big butternut squash in, that will make soup for 4 of us, for two meals ;)

I'm a little more concerned about a couple of reports of expected money arriving in the account (wages, etc), but then disappearing again, which is strange.

I am curious - I've only just heard them advertising this "app" - have I just not noticed the adverts before, or did it launch about the same time as all these problems started? Is there a link?
  • scattykat
    scattykat Posts: 93 Forumite
    I've just come from town and natwest here are handing cash out with no proof. I asked for £140 and I got it I just handed over my card. Obviously once it's sorted they will manually debit the money
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    Not sure if anyone has posted it, by the way, but there is a new (to me) message up at Natwest:
    Important Information for our customers – message timed at 07.10 on 22 June 2012

Unfortunately we are once again experiencing technical issues with our systems and account balances have not updated properly overnight. This means where money has gone into a customers account, there may be a delay in it appearing on their balance.
    We can assure our customers that this problem is strictly of a technical nature and we continue to work hard to resolve this.
    We also recognise this is an unacceptable inconvenience for our customers, for which we apologise.
    Staff in our branches and at our call centres are ready and available to answer any questions and help where they can.
    Branches open from 8am on 22 June 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport