Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    LyndaS wrote: »
    I suspect I'm going to get flamed for this, but you seem a lone voice in the sea of complaints I read on this and related threads.

So may I request to join you as another "lucky" customer? :)

I applied to join Iresa about 3 weeks ago. I had read some of the complaints, but most seem to have appeared in the last 2 weeks. Anyway I was preparing myself for the worst.

I applied to join Iresa via their website, having been enticed by their low prices, but wary of the complaints people had posted, I also checked their terms carefully. I knew they are a relatively new supplier, so perhaps I was expecting some teething issues...

Anyway within 24 hrs of application, we had received confirmation and acknowledgment of my application to switch.
    It gave us all the expected timings, and so far they have been as good as their word.

They set up the direct debit with out bank, and took the first payment as they said they would (they even sent another email to remind us just before they collected) last week.

That reminder came as our cooling off period ended, and that is also when they gave us access to the online account.

Having checked the online account, I could see there was no meter details set up, as many people seem to be complaining about, meaning there was no way to enter meter readings.

But there was access to the online messaging system, and I noticed one of the pre-defined titles was about meter readings, so I decided I could use that if necessary.

I checked again when my DD was taken, and was upset that my online account was not showing teh credit. But then I noticed it said it could take up to 4 working days for credits to show on my account.

Today, 5 days before the actual switching date, I have just checked my online account again.

First thing I spotted was that my DD payment was now credited, well within the 4 working days they say to allow.

Then I checked the meter details, and they too are now loaded, and the facility to enter meter readings up and running for me. It seems they only made this available this from the time the window opened to allow acceptable meter readings to be submitted, but I will enter them on the actual switching day next week :)

So, so far, I have had no need to contact Iresa, apart from making the application to switch to them via their website.

If I search really hard to find something to complain about, I suppose some may find the following a little irritating:

a) We have E7, and I was expecting two fields to enter day and night readings. On the Iresa site, you have to tab to another page to enter the second registry entry. Strangely, it even allows for different dates for each registery reading. :huh:

b) Credits are not shown immediately via the online account

c) The tariff detail loaded was not what I was expecting, but then realised all prices were shown excluding VAT

But I think I can live with these small quirks of the Iresa online account - some small suppliers do not even provide you with online account access at all, and I managed to survive without it before the internet existed.

Looking forward to a year of cheap electricity now :money:

Hi. Your feedback is 100% what I would have said up until February this year, having been with them since 2016. Where the problems start is you open a ticket for example, asking them to change your direct debit. In my case I wanted it put up. They don't respond. I send another ticket asking they change the email address I log in with to a Gmail one as BT are going to start charging me £5 per month for theirs. Iresa don't respond. The tickets are still open (not actioned) two months later.

They are cheap in price. Poor in service. I can't wait for my transfer to happen so I can move on and they have really riled me.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    been with them for 3 months for electric and no complaints so far:cool:
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    Hi. Your feedback is 100% what I would have said up until February this year, having been with them since 2016. Where the problems start is you open a ticket for example, asking them to change your direct debit. In my case I wanted it put up. They don't respond. I send another ticket asking they change the email address I log in with to a Gmail one as BT are going to start charging me £5 per month for theirs. Iresa don't respond. The tickets are still open (not actioned) two months later.

They are cheap in price. Poor in service. I can't wait for my transfer to happen so I can move on and they have really riled me.

I don't think Iresa allow you to set your own lkevel of direct debit payments. Most suppliers don't. Yes there is the odd supplier that will allow you to provide them an interest free loan, but Iresa uniquely offers to pay 4% interest to accounts in credit ... but don't want their energy accounts to be used as savings vehicles.

I suggest you put any extra money in a suitable bank/savings/deposit account of your own to earn interest on it
    This MSE article may assist you in finding something suitable for your spare cash
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/which-saving-account
  • I've recently joined iresa on 30/3/17 I sent in my 1st meter reading and got email confirmation of said reading. However they've put a different reading on my account, one that is way in excess of what it is at now, over 2 weeks later!
    In addition, they sent this wrong reading back to my old supplier which resulted in £50 bill over 2 days!?!
    I've sent emails and got no response!
    I try to call but there's always a of 40 to 60 callers in front of me!?!

Anyone know how long I have to stay with them before I can switch away?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've recently joined iresa on 30/3/17 I sent in my 1st meter reading and got email confirmation of said reading. However they've put a different reading on my account, one that is way in excess of what it is at now, over 2 weeks later!
    In addition, they sent this wrong reading back to my old supplier which resulted in £50 bill over 2 days!?!
    I've sent emails and got no response!
    I try to call but there's always a of 40 to 60 callers in front of me!?!

Anyone know how long I have to stay with them before I can switch away?

It real terms, how much are you out of pocket? Iresa will only charge you the daily standing charge until your meter passes the opening meter reading. You are free to switch now without penalty.
  • I own two properties and I did a switch with EON. They switched the wrong property. My previous supplier has sent me a final bill and I have complained to EON. However they intinue to bill me while they fail to continue with my complsi after the first acknowledgement from them. When I phone the number given to me I am on hold for 15 mins so I disconnect.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2017 at 4:59PM
    15 minutes? Luxury! I used to dream of only waiting 15 mins for Iresa to pick up the phone...
    2 hours is not atypical. Coupled with the fact that they either fail to respond to messages through online support, or take 6 weeks or more to do so, makes them effectively uncontactable. They've even gone quiet on Twitter, where the CEO used to post regularly.
    My experience is similar to that outlined above: the initial switch process is handled very efficiently. Some people even get both meter points set up (not me)! But after that it all seems to go downhill rapidly. Even when a response is received, it's invariably a stock answer 'sorry about that, we are looking into it', which is followed by no action whatsoever.
    Maybe now they have stopped taking on new customers, they can focus on serving the existing ones better? But I'm really not holding my breath.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I own two properties and I did a switch with EON. They switched the wrong property. My previous supplier has sent me a final bill and I have complained to EON. However they intinue to bill me while they fail to continue with my complsi after the first acknowledgement from them. When I phone the number given to me I am on hold for 15 mins so I disconnect.

Hello Jennifer and welcome to the Forums.

Am I right in assuming you've tried to switch one of your properties but the wrong account has been taken? If this is the case, it's what's known as an Erroneous Transfer. With these, in the first instance, it's best to contact the company who took the wrong supply. This is because, when the losing supplier contacts a gaining supplier, the latter invariably claim to have a valid contract and reject the approach. Once it's established that a transfer has been wrongly done, all suppliers have to put it right as quickly as possible.

Once the mistake has been accepted, the supplier who has taken over wrongly will send us a request to retake the supply. When received, we'll take the supply back and set it up as though it had never been away. The supply period and billing will be continuous. This is usually done within 6-8 weeks of the mistake being accepted by the gaining supplier.

It's the gaining supplier who drives a switch. The final bill you mention will have been raised based on the meter readings they gave us once they completed the takeover. Don't worry, once the Erroneous Transfer goes through, the final bill will be cancelled and charges will continue uninterrupted.

At the same time, ask Iresa to take over the account you originally wanted to switch. They'll send us their opening meter readings and we'll use the same ones to close our account and send a final bill for the account you want to move.

Sorry if some of my speculation is off track Jennifer but hope this points you in the right direction.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Is Iresa communicating with any of its customers at the moment? I cannot get them to bill me properly for gas (it's not just the CV issue). I also sense from a response that I have received from The EO that Iresa may not have responded to its request for information.
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    Is Iresa communicating with any of its customers at the moment? I cannot get them to bill me properly for gas (it's not just the CV issue). I also sense from a response that I have received from The EO that Iresa may not have responded to its request for information.

If you have now escalated the matter to the Energy Ombudsman, the supplier is under no obligation to discuss the matter further with you directly.
    All discussions on the matter will now need to go through the ombudsman service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure