Pip assessment this morning

Options

Comments

• catty26
    catty26 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    update . THE DWP are sending my daughter report back to capita who will now re look at it with all the new info they have received , also the person who we complained about doesn't work for them any more????? ,Capita have said worse scenario is that we will have to have a new assessment.. . suddenly people are ringing us and the charity helping us i hope i am not being to optimistic , any advice would be helpful x .
  • dcems
    dcems Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you get it sorted. I feel pip assessments are far too harsh. Good luck.
  • billywilly
    billywilly Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    dcems wrote: »
    I hope you get it sorted. I feel pip assessments are far too harsh. Good luck.

Maybe they should be made easier? Maybe at the same level as DLA was?

For goodness sake, it is well known and has been admitted by the government that that was the intention - they had to 'get rid' of at least 20% of those that could have got DLA so they made a new benefit to do just that - they made it harder to qualify for. Nothing wrong with that when you actually see how much money was being wasted in DLA awards.
  • catty26
    Options
    thank you for your comment billywilly . but i was asking for advice for my daughter , unless you have been in a assessment for pip ?
  • catty26
    Options
    final update , just to let you all know we have now been awarded pip . we got standard rate care . and standard rate in mobility , we are so relieved and happy . x ,
  • billywilly
    Options
    catty26 wrote: »
    thank you for your comment billywilly . but i was asking for advice for my daughter , unless you have been in a assessment for pip ?

Yes I have thanks.
    Had HRM & MRC of DLA for 19 years with quite a few reviews along the way.
    I had to apply for PIP as my DLA was timed out and would you believe it, I was well and truly cured! Didn't get any points for mobility or care.
    Couldn't face the prospect of taking on the DWP all the way to a court hearing so left it.

However I am not cured at all - it's just that none of the descriptors fitted my problems (physical & mental). I have to admit that that is probably true as I thought that when trying to fill out the form.
  • densol_2
    densol_2 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    final update , just to let you all know we have now been awarded pip . we got standard rate care . and standard rate in mobility , we are so relieved and happy . x ,

Thats great news. I'll be in the same boat with my son as he has mental health issues and PIP is so not about mental health :(

Can I ask - did you receive a copy of the PIP medical report ?
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
  • catty26
    Options
    Yes i did get the pip report from capita , it was full of mistakes . so fresh wind a charity . sent a semi report back , must admit its been a stressful time .
  • billywilly
    Options
    Yes i did get the pip report from capita , it was full of mistakes . so fresh wind a charity . sent a semi report back , must admit its been a stressful time .

Personally I can't really understand why this could happen. At my assessment the assessor tried to get me talk freely. I wasn't at all happy with that method preferring to answer yes or no, or maybe/maybe not was all she got. When she tried to push for more information, I resisted and kept quiet, pointing out that I had already given my answer.
    The report when I read it was a good representation of what I had agreed to or not.
  • catty26
    Options
    This did happen , the lady that assessed my daughter no longer works there ..... we were offered a new assessment and have had letters of apology from capita ... .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure