Options

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 March 2017 at 12:32PM
    Options
    Just to remind digital marketing companies of the law
    " The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 contain a general prohibition on unfair commercial practices, in particular misleading and aggressive practices. They also contain 31 banned practices which are prohibited in all circumstances. It is a banned practice to use editorial content in the media to promote a product where a trader has paid for the promotion without making that clear in the content or by images or sounds clearly identifiable by the consumer. It is also a banned practice to falsely claim or create the impression that a trader is not acting for purposes relating to his trade, business or profession, or to falsely represent oneself as a consumer."
  • jkenn
    jkenn Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have an idea of who I could complain to, not as a customer of Trustatrader but someone who has experienced their appalling mediation service with one of it's traders who nearly killed me with their shoddy workmanship.
  • George_Michael
    Options
    jkenn wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea of who I could complain to, not as a customer of Trustatrader but someone who has experienced their appalling mediation service with one of it's traders who nearly killed me with their shoddy workmanship.

Your best bet would probably be to contact the Citizens advice bureau (CAB) and ask them to pass your concerns on to trading Standards.
    If you want to take direct action then you will have to consider legal action against the trader concerned. Depending on the sum involved, this can be done through Moneyclaim online and isn't that expensive. (I think that to file a claim is about £40 then there are extra costs later on but these can be added to the amount you are attempting to reclaim from the trader).
  • hollydays
    edited 12 March 2017 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Here's a quote from trustatraders digital marketing agency, including spelling mistake ..
    "Trustatrader.com created and released a TV advert which was instantly supported and promoted by Bravr. The video hosts the voice of TV personality David Walliams and was broardcast on all major UK tv channels."

It's all about promotion ...
  • hollydays
    edited 12 March 2017 at 12:32PM
    Options
    Here's the cynical way trustatrader promote themselves using charities
    Bravr digital marketing
    http://www.bravr.com/clients/trust-a-trader/

"One of our primary challenges that we faced with Trust a Trader was to improve on its online visibility. Well thought out strategies were put into place to increase this by campaign building. Bravr successfully organised a partnership with a national charity to help fundraising for vulnerable people. Whilst raising money for such a great cause, Bravr supported Trust a Trader through the large amount of media attention the campaign brought."

Admitting they " suppress the negatives" :eek:

"Solutions
    Our relationship with Trust a Trader is helping... This has also been backed up by extensive promotional campaigns, working with other relative charities from around the UK. Like any major company, having a positive reputation is key to success. Bravr recognise this and have put together strategies that not has only boosted TrustaTraders reputation but also suppressed the negatives."
  • hollydays
    edited 12 March 2017 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Another issue , The Competition and Marketing Authority investigated

and "On 11 February, after engaging constructively with .... Trustatrader, Carehome.co.uk, Care Opinion and Most Recommended Care all agreed to improve their practices. This was unrelated to the investigation into Total SEO."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cma-takes-enforcement-action-against-fake-online-reviews
  • hollydays
    Options
    "Additionally, most Recommended Care will ensure that its commercial relationships with businesses are prominently disclosed.

The case involving the three care home review sites also encompassed Checkatrade and Trustatrader, websites for finding tradespeople, and is part of a wider package of work being carried out by the CMA to improve practices in the online reviews and endorsements sector."
  • hollydays
    Options
    jkenn wrote: »

You could discuss therefore their mediation with the competition and marketing authority, as they have been investigated before.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority
  • ardeshirg
    Options
    Do not trust this company at all. Anybody could advertise through them, they do not check the trader's works at all. He has used this term trust trader to mislead people and to get money out of it. A while ago I chose a trader through them, it was a nightmare. He was rubbish at his job. Nothing he did was right. At the end, he took the tiles that I had bought and run away. When I left an honest and bad review he refused to post it for 3-4 weeks. He eventually did post it just because I kept phoning him and threaten him to take legal action. My review published behind a few good review (possibly false). I went to his web site and I could leave a good review for anybody and it got published immediately ( without being employed). Any body could leave a false good review for any trader. Majority of the good reviews done by friend and family etc. Please do not use this web site at all. When I hear their advertisement from the radio it makes me sick.
  • ardeshirg
    Options
    Do not trust this company at all. Anybody could advertise through them, they do not check the trader's works at all. He has used this term trust trader to mislead people and to get money out of it. A while ago I chose a trader through them, it was a nightmare. He was rubbish at his job. Nothing he did was right. At the end, he took the tiles that I had bought and run away. When I left an honest and bad review he refused to post it for 3-4 weeks. He eventually did post it just because I kept phoning him and threaten him to take legal action. My review published behind a few good review (possibly false). I went to his web site and I could leave a good review for anybody and it got published immediately ( without being employed). Any body could leave a false good review for any trader. Majority of the good reviews done by friend and family etc. Please do not use this web site at all. When I hear their advertisement from the radio it make me sick.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure