Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    I must admit behind closed doors I have been upset at it.
    It also doesn't help that we're asked a lot "when are you getting married?, when are you having children"?
    We're early 30's been together four years and just bought a house so we are asked it a lot and I'm still putting on the brave face and continuing with the "not yet" or "we aren't" (which was the truth for a long time)
    But it's getting harder not to get upset. Maybe I've gone about it wrong, maybe we should have told people we're trying but I really didn't want to. I didn't want any added pressure.
    Sorry, I'm rambling now.
  • Munchkin84 wrote: »
    It also doesn't help that we're asked a lot "when are you getting married?, when are you having children"?
    We're early 30's been together four years and just bought a house so we are asked it a lot and I'm still putting on the brave face and continuing with the "not yet" or "we aren't" (which was the truth for a long time)

We get that too - although we're closer to mid than early 30s. I'm still able to laugh it off and say "we'll see" or similar, but if anything were to go wrong I think it would probably leave me in tears at work, and which point I'd just come out with the truth. Hopefully it will never get to that.

Hugs to everyone that needs them.

I'm holding off testing until tomorrow morning (unless I give in tonight) - 1 day overdue at the moment and desperately willing AF to stay away.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD23 snowscreamer - 7DPO :cool:
    CD25 ButterflyBabe - 9DPO :cool:
    CD24 LittleMissGiggle - 9DPO :cool:
    CD28 firebird082 - 15DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? twigpig - Awaiting ov :o
    CD10 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD22 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o
    CD31 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD44 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD55 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD133 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • newthrift
    Forumite
    Just popping quick to say I usually find that if its someone I knew quite well although it hurts a bit and sometimes I have a down moment I just get on with it and anyone else I either ignore it or think humpff then move on. I find for me personally it doesn't do me any good to dwell on it and get upset, which is sometimes easier said than done.
    Holiday is doing the world of good and it's just so nice relaxing and not thinking about much
  • Munchkin84 wrote: »
    I must admit behind closed doors I have been upset at it.
    But it's getting harder not to get upset. Maybe I've gone about it wrong, maybe we should have told people we're trying but I really didn't want to. I didn't want any added pressure.
    Sorry, I'm rambling now.

Sounds like we have identical lives Munchkin. I think not being married gives us that extra reason for no kids yet, as I just answer saying we want to be married first (we don't now but no-one has to know that). I think couples who are married seem to be constantly asked the question about babies. I don't know how they deal with it when it's been a battle for a while, must be really hard.
  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    I'm using the "it took us ten years to get together, don't hold your breath" line.
    Thank you for listening, just felt a bit down earlier and it felt like everyone was pregnant all of a sudden and with the other half being the other side of the world for work so I can't speak to him much I needed someone to talk to.
  • Hi all, well I appear to have made it half way through my first ever 2 week wait! Luckily being 29 and only very recently married I don't seem to have some the pressures others are facing. I do feel for you; it must be horrible. Think we will be allowed at least a year before anyone starts asking questions. I do hope it's enough of a head start!

With regards testing, should I wait until my period is definitely late or test on the day I'm expecting it? The longer I can wait the better, I guess?
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • I would wait until you're definitely late, otherwise it's just a wasted test. As some others here have experienced, testing later reduces the risk of a positive 'chemical' pregnancy.
  • Good advice firebird, thanks :)
    Since I've been tracking on Ovia my cycles have been 31, 31, 31, 36 (was preventing at this point and got a little concerned a month before the wedding and a week before hen do!), 28. So maybe I'll see if I can hold out until either AF arrives or CD36 as that's the longest it's been.
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • newthrift
    Forumite
    We started getting asked from the night we got married (when I was 24) and I'm sure at least once/twice per week. I've learnt to throw back with 'we'll get there when we are ready/ooo not yet I prefer when I can hand then back when they cry/I'm still chasing that flat tummy first' haha. I just find it easier to bat it back like the rest of you which is something around the truth so it's not a total lie.
    Snowscreamer as firebird says, I would wait until you are defiantly late.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport