A few thoughts about this forum

Comments

• tir21
    tir21 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 November 2017 at 11:09AM
    op is correct. its a clique. the one thing they do is bring up old posts and questions you've asked to use as a stick against you in your current post.

they know its wrong and the posts will get removed if you report it. they will have a go at me - but I've never brought up peoples previous posts. what's the relevance?

they must actively search out peoples previous posts. they must not have anything better to do
  • tir21
    Fair enough.....

...what on earth gave you the impression that anyone here has any interest in "comforting" you? We don't know you and we don't care about you.

i care about them
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tir21 wrote: »
    op is correct. its a clique. - can you name who's in the clique, so they can atleast defend themselves? the one thing they do is bring up old posts and questions you've asked to use as a stick against you in your current post. - If someone has asked the same questions numerous times that seems perfectly reasonable

they know its wrong and the posts will get removed if you report it. they will have a go at me - but I've never brought up peoples previous posts. what's the relevance?

they must actively search out peoples previous posts. they must not have anything better to do
    It takes about 10 seconds
  • tir21
    "can you name who's in the clique, so they can atleast defend themselves"

well if i dont name there is no need for them to defend themselves. I haven't kept a note if who is in the clique anyway - its just something I've noticed

"If someone has asked the same questions numerous times that seems perfectly reasonable"

this was happening when i was new on the site before tbe Shorade incident

"it takes 10 seconds"

all those 10 seconds add up. they may regret it when they are on their deathbed
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    "can you name who's in the clique, so they can atleast defend themselves"

well if i dont name there is no need for them to defend themselves. I haven't kept a note if who is in the clique anyway - its just something I've noticed

"If someone has asked the same questions numerous times that seems perfectly reasonable"

this was happening when i was new on the site before tbe Shorade incident

"it takes 10 seconds"

all those 10 seconds add up. they may regret it when they are on their deathbed

Will you regret your endless pointless posts on the motoring board? If not then why on earth do you care what anybody else will regret on their "deathbed"?
  • tir21
    tykesi wrote: »
    Will you regret your endless pointless posts on the motoring board? If not then why on earth do you care what anybody else will regret on their "deathbed"?

yes probably
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2017 at 12:02PM
    op is correct. its a clique. the one thing they do is bring up old posts and questions you've asked to use as a stick against you in your current post.

Well I'm definitely not part of a clique, I'm hated management/business owner and I've crossed swords with scorpion, oh really, sangie and others that you no doubt feel are in an imaginary clique.

However, the simple fact is that if there is a point of procedure or law that is applicable, then most people who actually have knowledge, are going to say broadly the same thing.

I don't think I've ever brought up a previous post, but sometimes it has a bearing on a point made in a current post.
  • I'm wondering if this isn't partly due to an age thing.

I'm guessing that those that answer in a forthright manner (ie don't sugar coat their answers) are older than what would be considered a millennial and so have been 'around the block' a few times.

My best friend, who I would walk over hot coals for, will tell me what I need to hear rather than what I want to hear...and bugslet is right, sometimes you read a post from someone and you do think well you're having the same problem with a different employer/partner/whatever have you stopped and wondered what the common element is???
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    bugslet wrote: »
    Can I come, I'm a bit stressed....... I know I'm an employer, but I'm not that bad. Really...:p.

Only if you bring your Schnauzer.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    ohreally wrote: »
    Only if you bring your Schnauzer.

I'll do better, I'll bring two - a mini and a giant! :j

Edit: I think we are a clique of two now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure