Firefox Issues

Hi

is anyone having issues with Firefox? It is dreadfully slow. Keeps jamming and often not loading for ages on bookmarked tabs. Don't think it is a computer issues as have tried out internet explorer and everything working really fast. Any advice or help would be appreciated
Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to comp I go!

Comments

• AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes! The last few weeks it's been freezing a lot after it's been open for a while and I have to force close it and start again. I've been trying to work out if it was actually Firefox or something else on my computer, but I think it must be FF. Sorry I can't offer any help but I'll let you know if I get it fixed!
  • topsy73
    topsy73 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    AprilLady wrote: »
    Yes! The last few weeks it's been freezing a lot after it's been open for a while and I have to force close it and start again. I've been trying to work out if it was actually Firefox or something else on my computer, but I think it must be FF. Sorry I can't offer any help but I'll let you know if I get it fixed!

I had a change of computer this past week and was thinking it was the computer but had a play with other internet providers and it is only Firefox playing up. Gutted as all my bookmarks are in there...looking like I will have to change :(
  • topsy73 wrote: »
    I had a change of computer this past week and was thinking it was the computer but had a play with other internet providers and it is only Firefox playing up. Gutted as all my bookmarks are in there...looking like I will have to change :(

You can export your bookmarks from Firefox and then import them into Internet Explorer or Chrome etc. only takes a few minutes :)
  • topsy73
    topsy73 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You can export your bookmarks from Firefox and then import them into Internet Explorer or Chrome etc. only takes a few minutes :)

Thanks for this info - I have now done this ( I think- although the passwords do not appear to have synced) my next question is....what is the best autofill for Chrome?
  • IDeamOfFairies
    IDeamOfFairies Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Post
    Change to "Firefox ESR" it will resolve the issues
    Yes, I know there is no "R" in the word dream in my username - it was setup in memory of my grandson :A
  • emily131
    emily131 Posts: 238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    topsy73 wrote: »
    what is the best autofill for Chrome?

I use the LastPass extension for Chrome and have found it good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure